Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just ordered mine from servobuddy the other night for my 2004.(same for all years)
the price seems fair and the piece looks professional quality in their website pictures.
Id love to know how exactly it works but i have a feeling its slightly more complicated than i would like to attempt myself.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
There's more to it than just a resistor. The wiring diagram has been posted here before but the post was deleted. For $60 and no headaches it's worth the money.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
There's more to it than just a resistor. The wiring diagram has been posted here before but the post was deleted. For $60 and no headaches it's worth the money.
:+1:

I'm sure if you know what your doing with certain electronics it is easy to do or figure out but yeah no head ache and nice clean install for $60 bucks sounds good to me!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
For $60 bucks the same or less than a TRE than yeah, no need to reinvent the wheel and make your own. :+1:

bloo

·
U.S. Marine Corps Veteran
288 Posts
Made it myself from a guide I saw on here a while ago.

4.7kohm resistor, 470uf capacitor, 220ohm resistor. Less than $5 and I have many extra resistors for friend's bikes. No headache whatsoever, you just twist the wires together and electrical tape em.

Granted I'm an Avionics Technician in the Marine Corps,
My buddies in airframes could make this.

Attachments

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Uhh, I make Exhaust Servo Eliminators for $38 shipped.
For all Gen's. Been doing so for a long time now.
Very durable and inexpensive.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
^Hes the man, man! You can have Hells do it or make it yourself for a whopping $6 from Radio Shack.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Made mine myself with a diagram I found on here. Very easy and cheap.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Know this is a bump from the dead but....

I made one as well as getting one premade from ivan. I will say that with my bit of electrical skills that you would want these wires soldered or at least crimped. Nothing would suck more than for it to vibrate loose.

Also with the vibration, ivan's eliminator comes embedded in epoxy which I think also helps prolong the life and adds a bit of extra insurance that nothing fails along the way while riding.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts