Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have a '07 ZX-10r and wanted to get some advise on the best sounding exhaust, all sites that I have tried to look at are biased to one or the other and sound clips from you-tube are worthless. I am looking for a low meaty sounding exhaust... no high pitched screamers!! Any suggestions??

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
What do you want, dual undertails or single side mount? Full system or just mid pipe back? The single side mounts are cheaper.
As long as you get a catless midpipe, like from www.delkevic.com , even most of the high pitched exhausts will become deeper toned. And pop some flames while picking up a few ponies and loose more weight.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,033 Posts
Hmmmm...I find these threads really strange. I always see these posted about "what exhaust sounds the best" or "makes the best power". I find it interesting how one can request a recommendation for a good sounding exhaust typing on an internet forum. Sounds good to one person is not the same as another person thinking it sounds good. Its too subjective and not something you can gleam writing a post here. Sorry.

But, I had the dual carbon Akra's on my '06 and I thought it sounded wicked at high RPMs. The idle was subdued and just got better the more you twisted the throttle. And they looked sweet as well.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I wanted a deeper tone when I went with mine over the winter.I bought the Two Brothers single side exhaust. Has a deeper great sound to me.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
But, I had the dual carbon Akra's on my '06 and I thought it sounded wicked at high RPMs. The idle was subdued and just got better the more you twisted the throttle. And they looked sweet as well.
:+1: I would go racefit if I get some cash flow. But like what everyone else has said it's all about preference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i know its all about preference and what not, im not too concerned about performance i just didnt want to purchase a slip on, full exhaust, with having some background as to which mufflers gave a low growling sound. Thanks for the help so far fellas... any additional videos, information, or sound bites would be awesome!

·
Registered
251 Posts
For me, part of the appeal of the Gen 2 is the unique sound you get when riding it, going to a single side may clean up the looks at the tail but it just makes it sound like any other inline four. I've had carbon Akropovic slip-ons from new, and they sound great, baffles in or out.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm running yoshi dual slip-ons without the baffles and it sounds mean as hell. Nice deep sound-like you can hear its a 1000 sound.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
On my gen 2 I started with a cat delete and a 2 bro single..Nice gutsy bass deep growl but quality was soso,slip on performance was about the norm when custom mapped..
THEN!!!! Came the rare but smokin system..Nassert Beet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts