Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the board, and I have an 06 10r. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for after market exhaust. I haven't decided yet if I want to just get slippons or replace everything. I had looked at the 2bro. carbonfiber that converts it into one muffler, but I like the 2 muffler look a lot better. Any advice would be apreciated.

·
Registered
103 Posts
:welcome: I put Akrapovic carbon fiber bolt on cans on my 06, couldn't be happier with the results, exhaust note from these are freakin awesome.:wink:

·
Registered
620 Posts
put slip ons on, unless ur into racing. Akra's is what im going with

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
akrapovic.. if you are looking for the best performance go full system.. if its fast enough for you already then go with slip ons

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
superbikesupply.com.. ask for brandon..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go with full akra

i put full akra titanium on my 06 10r bike with pc3. fast as hell!! pulls away from the zx-14 by 4 or 5 bike lengths

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i put full akra titanium on my 06 10r bike with pc3. fast as hell!! pulls away from the zx-14 by 4 or 5 bike lengths
Gwire06, tell the rest of the story...name your mods, how heavy was the 14's rider compared to your weight, could the 14 rider handle that bike and how long a distance did you 2run all out before breakin down the speed??
Don't get me wrong, I'm not sayin U didn't pull away; but give more details.

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
4 Posts
not joking

well just the full akra with the pc3, with race map. out on a 5 mile bench, gave him the jump and he weighs about 15 lbs heavier than I. he is a very experienced rider, been riding for 20 years or so. it took me by suprise when i was reading 183mph and he was about five to six bike lengths away, so i dont know?

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
In my lil head..I was thinkin.....As the cc's go up on the zx14...the hp doesnt go up as much in comparsion..I dont remember the actual #'s but aint it only 20 hp in the diff of a zx14 and a zx10??? For that extra few hp 400cc is alot more of an engine..

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
aablackr1.......luved the sound clips,but haven a slip on or full system looks better and looses more lbs..and actually its possible to gain a few more hp...Im not liken the akro twin can set up..I actually luv the twin can set up on my 636 but 2bro's dont sell it for the 10...pisses me off..Im gonna have a new 10 in my garage this weekend and that was gonna be one of my 1st mods..

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Akras sound sweet...Not sure if i like the look...Retail here in eastern canada for a full akra is 2500,which is im guess around 2200/2300 in the usa..

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Im not gonna be racin my zx10,so im just gonna have the pc3 and 2 bro slip on(to bad they dont make a full system yet)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I installed an Area-P exhaust on a customer '06 ZX10R anlong with a PC-3 USB, K & N, and -1 CS. Bike run's like a rocket, but I don't think he'll be doing a fly-by on the Big-14 any time. Those bikes flat out haul buttocks and for those that say they run away and leave them, I need to see this for myself. Not calling anyone anything, as I always say, it's your story tell it any way you like.

I've personally run 12R's and Busa's down for practice, but when a 14 can wheelie at the end of 1/4 mile and the pilot had no other choice but to carry it through the traps that way, I don't think the old David and Goliath story is going to pass inspection this time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts