Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have removed most of my exhaust and im getting ready to install my Delkevic exhaust. The new y-pipe does not have an attachment for the 2 cables that are on the stock y-pipe. I'm not sure what it is or it's function. Can someone help a bit?

The exhaust kit also came with exhaust sealant. Is sealant supposed to be applied generously on both sides of the gaskets/flanges?

Sorry for the silly questions but I wanna get it done right.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is the exhaust servo under seat that cables run from, to your exhaust. Much like an egr or exhaust brake. Closes a flapper in exhaust to increase back pressure to engine for warm up, deaccel popping etc. take cables off and leave servo plugged in for no check engine lights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man I got everything put together, let it hang, and turned the bike on. Nothing happened so I rode it as is lol!

That is the exhaust servo under seat that cables run from, to your exhaust. Much like an egr or exhaust brake. Closes a flapper in exhaust to increase back pressure to engine for warm up, deaccel popping etc. take cables off and leave servo plugged in for no check engine lights.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Very nice! Those really lighten up the tail of the gen 2.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny you say that because I got some new clamps in the mail today. I had a leak and I broke the screw trying to tighten it. I used some sealant and I'll see if it fixed it tomorrow. While I was down there I was going to take off passenger foot pegs and the heat shields but the rear brake resivor is connected to it.

Where am I supposed to connect it if I remove those pieces? The pic you put up doesn't even look like it has one

Get rid of those heat guards and show those good looking pipes.
This! View attachment 415906

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
706 Posts
Where are you guys putting the rear brake resivor? That whole assembly connects to the black plastic that covers the actual metal heat guard on the right side.
I'm using the HRC kit. It's the green hose you see there.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts