Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unresolved problems, the exhaust keep pooping while engine idling and at low rpm. Have checked all the sensors and electrical connections and all seems to be ok.

According to Kawasaki Engineer, it could be from valve issues. They suggested to change the valve and the head as well.

Anyone facing the similar issues before? Lets discuss on this....

Thanks
Harry

·
Formerly "bms"
416 Posts
Unresolved problems, the exhaust keep pooping while engine idling and at low rpm. Have checked all the sensors and electrical connections and all seems to be ok.

According to Kawasaki Engineer, it could be from valve issues. They suggested to change the valve and the head as well.

Anyone facing the similar issues before? Lets discuss on this....

Thanks
Harry
What year, miles, any fuel management? Exhaust?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Do all of the basic maintenance first. Valve clearance, spark plugs, air filter, and synchronize TBs.
If the bike has aftermarket exhaust then you need to delete the other emissions equipment. Block or delete the Kleen Air valves in the valve cover, and also block or delete the EVAP system if it has one. Do this first before synchronizing the TBs.

·
The Pace
7,042 Posts
Malaysia. What fuel? If you have the new g4 no Kawa rep is gonna say valves, so best you provide full story version.

My gut feeling is that your fuel is crappy or you put additive in the fuel or whatever else you have an answer for the following question:

what did you do? And I ask that several times in response to each of your anticipated denials.

lol

·
Registered
383 Posts
Bogging/popping or unstable idling? If not enough fuel at idle, unburnt mixture at low rpm will get collected at exhaust and pop later. If. Unstable, could be too rich.

Fuel issues can come from wrong fuel maps or change to air filtration.

In my scooter, i had a valve leak and the vehicle will struggle to stay alive at idle unless i throttle up abit.

For starters, u can check ur spark plug colors n ideal is a copper brown. The other is to perform a valve leak test on all 4 cylinders.

One more missed out. If u had changed ur exhaust system and did change ur exhaust gaskets, there could be a leak from there n that could cause a pop too

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a video to upload... but dont know how...

I have sent to Kawasaki for trouble shooting... according to their engineer, i need to change the valve for first step.. and if the popping still there then i have to change the head!!! Urghhh....

The situation here is... the engine is "popping" at low rpm...but high rpm OK...

This is confused me... if valve or head got problem, my logic thinking low and high must be the same issue right?

Im in malaysia....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts