Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put on the 3/4 Yosh AT2 per the instructions. The other day I saw an odd white smoke coming from a factory weld on the headers (first start after a crash) so today I used my shop vac to pressurize the system and do the soap test. Factory welds are fine but I noticed that the Yosh leaks at both the header connection as well as the muffler. It isn't a lot but I wonder how perfect that header connection needs to be for the O2 sensors to ensure the tunes come out right. Thoughts?

The only other option is red silicone, I suppose.

·
The Pace
7,315 Posts
With a strong light make sure you can see and feel a crack. If so, check JB Weld. I think it will take the heat. If so, with cold pipe, press that weld as deep into the crack as possible. gently wipe excess. See if that works after a drying period.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At this point I don't think the header weld is cracked but do know the Yosh interfaces are, a little bit. How impactful is that with a tuner?

·
The Pace
7,315 Posts
At this point I don't think the header weld is cracked but do know the Yosh interfaces are, a little bit. How impactful is that with a tuner?
If you have a leak at the intersection of header and can, good, no weld needed. Check the clamp to tighten a bit. Bike won't care about a small leak at that point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts