Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a full muzzy titianium system, I am thinking of installing it myself. Is the full system install that difficult on the ZX10? Any tips or advice?

·
Banned
856 Posts
its not that hard. you just gotta take off the belly pan, lowers, radiator, and the old exaust system.
oh tips and advise= dont fuck anything up

·
Registered
46 Posts
if you have a good set of tools you do not need to remove any cooling lines at all, but if you dont then you should remove all of the items in the post a few before this one. I removed both mids and the belly pan, then i removed all the bolts holding the radiator, then i used zip ties (heavy duty ones) and held the radiator as far forward as possible. if you can use an air ratchet, extension and a good swivel to remove the nuts holding the header on. you just have to be gentle and avoid bending the radiator fins thats the hardest part. i hope that helps.

·
Registered
314 Posts
i will send pics tomorow. My bike is still at the tuners. Had some problems there today as well. (See dyno results)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update, I talked to the place that I take all my bikes, and they said that they would do the exhaust install for 75.00, looks like I am not going to have to worry about doing it myself. I think that is a fair price what do you guys think.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really??? I thought that sounded pretty good, that includes replacing 2 cowlings on the right side. I know you have to take them off anyway.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
why are you hesitant to install yourself? I think the general concensus on this is that it is not hard to do.

You just have to remove a couple of fairings, unbolt the radiator and zip-tie it out of the way, remove the old headers and exhaust, then bolt up the new stuff.

Even if you don't have much experience working on bikes, there's no time like the present to learn... saves you a lot of money in labor, and if you're like me, gives you a sense of satisfaction.... if you run into any problems, or have any questions along the way, there are plenty of people on here to give you prompt help

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
i agree....you also know it will be done correctly....the exhaust is simple and should take few hours....plus lets you get to know your bike...from the sound of it (without being an ass) you sound like you just ride your bike...you can do this...

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Bust a knuckle or two. Blood makes the bike faster. Gar-un-teed!! It's very straight forward. Just don't strip the threads or damage the radiator. You'll be more carefull with you're bike than any shop mechanic.

·
Registered
775 Posts
$75 is a good price for installing an exhaust system. However, like everyone else said, it is a good idea to learn how to work on your bike. It will save you a lot of time and money in the long run.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
The work you put into your bike to increase performance is half the fun of owning these things imo. But yea $75 isn't bad.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
personally I would pay the $75

2 bad things can happen nstalling it yourself

Wrench into the rad, ouch
Exhaust leaks that would require taking everyting off again.

$75 is good insurance for me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts