Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Exhaust install - removing the cables

Gen 5: 2016-20 
12K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  kronos 
#1 ·
Any write-ups on how to remove the exhaust valve cables? I might just tackle putting my Yosh system on today.

#6 · (Edited)
My F M L lights are blinking, even after disabling the Exhaust Valve in the Woolich system...

Strange, removed the cables, the electronics, and the F M L lights blinked. I thought it was because I had not flashed it with the Woolich system to disable the servo motor. When we hooked up the Woolich system and flashed it, still flashing F M L. Put the Servo motor back on, still flashing.

We upgraded the Firmware in the Woolich and then flashed again and cleared all codes. Presto, working like a charm.

Not sure what the problem was, but back in business now.

Any idea how much that CAT weighed I removed? Seemed heavy! :grin2:

https://youtu.be/OTzLLfxI7o8

#13 ·
I bent a lot of shit (that was being removed anyway) to get my cables off lol. I did it while installing a PCV and the brock's 3/4 exhaust, so I had half the bike torn down anyway which you would think would make it pretty easy, but it was still pretty damn annoying to get those cables. out of their home.

#16 ·
I bent a lot of shit (that was being removed anyway) to get my cables off lol. I did it while installing a PCV and the brock's 3/4 exhaust, so I had half the bike torn down anyway which you would think would make it pretty easy, but it was still pretty damn annoying to get those cables. out of their home.
I'm hoping cutting them will help them come out easier :badteeth:

#11 ·
I have Akra slip on and link pipe. I din't install link pipe yet (coz rumours about reduced torque at midrange rpms). Sure link pipe will make bike sound more attractive but I'm not going to do it with cost of performance.

I'd like to hear inputs from those who eliminated CAT but didn't flashed ECU. Are differences significant and what direction?

Plan is flash bike soon and at the moment Whoolish Kit looks best choice.

Should I wait bike to be flashed before installing linkpipe?

#22 ·
I ended up detaching my cables from under the seat. Feeding them downward through the frame was a pain in the ass, but eventually they came out with a good yank. I left them attached to the cat and kept that in one piece.

I kept my servo in but took the cog out while removing the cables. So far it hasn't thrown any codes, as the bike sees the servo is still there and just assumes it still does something.

Also, I couldn't find this info for myself very easily, so for anyone wondering, the servo cog comes off with a size TT25 torx security wrench. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.