Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any write-ups on how to remove the exhaust valve cables? I might just tackle putting my Yosh system on today.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All done, just need use the Woolich system and disable the Exhaust Valve.

I'll be honest, I just cut and removed the cables...there's not a chance in hell they will ever go back on :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My F M L lights are blinking, even after disabling the Exhaust Valve in the Woolich system...

Strange, removed the cables, the electronics, and the F M L lights blinked. I thought it was because I had not flashed it with the Woolich system to disable the servo motor. When we hooked up the Woolich system and flashed it, still flashing F M L. Put the Servo motor back on, still flashing.

We upgraded the Firmware in the Woolich and then flashed again and cleared all codes. Presto, working like a charm.

Not sure what the problem was, but back in business now.

Any idea how much that CAT weighed I removed? Seemed heavy! :grin2:

https://youtu.be/OTzLLfxI7o8

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I cut my cables. I left the servo in there so he feels like he's still doing something. Also because I don't have a servo buddy to stop the error code coming up.
With the Woolich system, I just disable the servo motor and remove it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
No need to cut the cables.
One little sliver clip (8 or 10mm bolt) needs to be removed on the inside of frame above the rear shock then the cables slip out with a little wiggle!
No issues.

Cheers
:nerd:

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2021 ZX10R Street & 2016 ZX10R KRT Race build
3,744 Posts
<------------------------ cut it also

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have Akra slip on and link pipe. I din't install link pipe yet (coz rumours about reduced torque at midrange rpms). Sure link pipe will make bike sound more attractive but I'm not going to do it with cost of performance.

I'd like to hear inputs from those who eliminated CAT but didn't flashed ECU. Are differences significant and what direction?

Plan is flash bike soon and at the moment Whoolish Kit looks best choice.

Should I wait bike to be flashed before installing linkpipe?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yeah I cut my cables. I left the servo in there so he feels like he's still doing something. Also because I don't have a servo buddy to stop the error code coming up.
There is a thread to make the servo buddy for the Gen 4. It works for the Gen 5 also.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
There is a thread to make the servo buddy for the Gen 4. It works for the Gen 5 also.:thumbsup:
I bent a lot of shit (that was being removed anyway) to get my cables off lol. I did it while installing a PCV and the brock's 3/4 exhaust, so I had half the bike torn down anyway which you would think would make it pretty easy, but it was still pretty damn annoying to get those cables. out of their home.

·
Registered
271 Posts
My F M L lights are blinking, even after disabling the Exhaust Valve in the Woolich system...

Strange, removed the cables, the electronics, and the F M L lights blinked. I thought it was because I had not flashed it with the Woolich system to disable the servo motor. When we hooked up the Woolich system and flashed it, still flashing F M L. Put the Servo motor back on, still flashing.

We upgraded the Firmware in the Woolich and then flashed again and cleared all codes. Presto, working like a charm.

Not sure what the problem was, but back in business now.

Any idea how much that CAT weighed I removed? Seemed heavy! :grin2:

https://youtu.be/OTzLLfxI7o8
Well shit. Mine FML lights just started flashing now after I pulled my o2 sensor out last night. Time to flash I guess

·
Registered
271 Posts
Woolich kit is ordered! Thanks to Archer for the awesome discount and speedy service :) can't wait to install and unleash this beast on my friends. I ate up a busa and fz09 already last weekend lol.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I bent a lot of shit (that was being removed anyway) to get my cables off lol. I did it while installing a PCV and the brock's 3/4 exhaust, so I had half the bike torn down anyway which you would think would make it pretty easy, but it was still pretty damn annoying to get those cables. out of their home.
I'm hoping cutting them will help them come out easier :badteeth:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm hoping cutting them will help them come out easier :badteeth:
After you cut them, you must use a sledge hammer to widen the frame, then a blow-torch to melt some parts, then they slide right out :grin2:

Actually they will just slide out after you cut them. :wink:

·
Registered
966 Posts
After you cut them, you must use a sledge hammer to widen the frame, then a blow-torch to melt some parts, then they slide right out :grin2:

Actually they will just slide out after you cut them. :wink:
Yeah well usually destroying what you're removing speeds up the process lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts