Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm goin to install a Hotbodies Growler on my Gen 3 tomorrow. I need to know what everyone did with the cables that attach to the stock exhaust. Any help would be nice since hotbodies doesn't give instructions.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
After looking at pictures the valve does stay so you can do nothing but put exhaust on or if you want to eliminate cables pull them off and get a servo buddy.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
I have one installed on mine. No need for a servobuddy.. Just toss the cables to the side.
:+2: It removes the use of the servo, just remove/cut the cables off the exhaust and remove your seat and pull the cables out from the servo, install the exhaust and call it that. Dont toss the servo or you will get an FI light:thumbsup:

post pics

·
Registered
825 Posts
I have one installed on mine. No need for a servobuddy.. Just toss the cables to the side.
:+1: You only need a servo buddy if you dis-connect the servo motor,which is not needed if your only putting a slip-on and/or a link pipe.

·
Registered
578 Posts
what made you choose a hotbodies growler if you dont mind me asking?? danmoto has some nice exhausts at a cheap price and LOR looks quite nice 2 if your not looking to drop alot into a slip on

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
what made you choose a hotbodies growler if you dont mind me asking?? danmoto has some nice exhausts at a cheap price and LOR looks quite nice 2 if your not looking to drop alot into a slip on
growler=keeps pre muffler box
danmoto=keeps pre muffler box
lor=doesnt keep pre muffler box

I think its about price!:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
578 Posts
well my akra keeps the boom box and in all honesty i think it was a waste of 600$ lol i just cut it down 4inches the other day and have yet to reinstall it next will be a link pipe or a racefit and forget it

·
Registered
578 Posts
but hey whatever floats your boat i know ppl who like the slash tip look and if it makes ya happy at the end of the day then so be it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts