Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked around and saw somewhere that the gen 1 exhaust will fit with minor adjustments on a gen 3..

Now my question is,how is the performance gonna differ from a gen 1 system verces a gen 3 system..Im sure the knowlage and and tweeks of the bends and stuff maybe different and affect performance potiential..

Now thats all based on my shaudy memory of what i may have seen that a gen 1/gen3 is interchangeable

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
You will have the space the bottom of the radiator out. A gen1 full system is just as good as a gen3 full system.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
^+1. Using a Gen1 system on a Gen3 and vice versa just really gives guys more aftermarket exhaust choices to use. New exhausts come out for a Gen3 and the Gen1 guys like them and wanna put them on their bikes.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes i understand they fit but what about the performance issues..We all know the knowlage they had designing and building the gen 1 were not the same when designing the over gen 3..
I just dont wanna but a gen 1 system that takes away performance rather than enhance it..
Not to be rude or anything but i dont want some of you guys who just talk and to reply without any actual info on performance differences/issues..

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Yes i understand they fit but what about the performance issues..We all know the knowlage they had designing and building the gen 1 were not the same when designing the over gen 3..
I just dont wanna but a gen 1 system that takes away performance rather than enhance it..
Not to be rude or anything but i dont want some of you guys who just talk and to reply without any actual info on performance differences/issues..
Are you talking about a stock system. If so it's pointless.
Nobody here is just typing to type. Just trying to help somebody out bud.
:rolleyes: You never said what brand exhaust or whether you meant stock for stock swap. My post was right to the point originally and no speculation. Is what it is.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
exhaust..

No performance difference. I wouldn't put it on my bike if there was.
K,how do you know there is no diff???......What have you compared it with and if you got dyno sheets or anythin i would like to see..

Nevermindthegods...Im trying to find out info to save a buck from the fellas that know..Why spend $1000-$1500 if i can spend a few bills less on a gen 1 after market performance system..Not from the guys on here that have never tested the idea but just say it works...

For example will a gen 1 akra/arrow/beet/yosh ect perform as good,better or less than the same system designed for a gen 3??

Im not pointing any fingers or anything but we all know there are guys here that talk from their:moon:

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Gotcha man. I do know that the guys like the newer Gen3 style exhausts and want them on their Gen1's for the look a lot of times as I follow their threads hoping more exhausts will possibly work on my Gen2.. Like was said, it is solely for looks and not for a significant power gain usually. You guys are lucky with gen1 and gen3. Those of us with Gen 2's are the bastard children and are really limited to whatever fits solely on gen2 as nothing else bolts up from other gens without doing some metal fabbing and welding.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Your bike is already to powerful for you straight up. Only way your going to lose power is if there are holes in the system or the pipe diameter is different and even then it just shifts power band.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
K,how do you know there is no diff???......What have you compared it with and if you got dyno sheets or anythin i would like to see
JLG's below post did a pretty good job explaining it.

Only way your going to lose power is if there are holes in the system or the pipe diameter is different and even then it just shifts power band.
I used a Muzzy header off of a gen2. Its actually a stepped header design. I have compared it to gen 3 headers and there is no difference other than the shapes of the primaries to clear the radiator. It is quite literally six in one hand, half a dozen in the other.

Comparing a gen1 header to a gen3 header is no different than comparing brand x header to brand y header.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YOU CANT LOOSE HP ???
I cant call bull on that with 100% certainity but I do beg to differ..
I know the gen 3 over my gen 2 has some difference in power and i dont need more but i also dont wanna spend say a $1000 and gain only the same as a slip on but spend a g and get 15 hp and a few lbs of torque..THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK is what i seek..

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Custom is always a good route for bang for the buck. Even after Jet Hot coating the header and midpipe ($200+) I have less in my full system than even the cheapest gen 3 system. In fact, I have less in my full system than some have in their slip ons.

·
Registered
19 Posts
lots of great. Info. Here keep. It up guys now. My question
My 06 zx10 has a boz brothers race exhaust how do I get it 2 spit or spray some serious flames (plz don't Tel me about no flame. Kit) I want it natural

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lol lol how do I run it rich well rich enough I mean not 2 over do it cause I'm about gettin performance out of iit

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dont worry about the flames cause yer nbever gonna see them,unless you rev the snot outta it in the parkin lot or ride backwards alot..
Runnin it rich is wasteing fuel and builds up to much (over time)of carbon which is damn hard shit if it gets in the wrong place..
The simplest way to do it is just add a slip on or full system and dont map...Be careful though if you dont map the full system cause it maybe running the engine a smidge lean but not likely it will go lean...Most times it will be rich overall but lean in some rpms..Rather rich than lean any day..

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
My bike made 165rwhp today on its first pull using a Gen 2 header mated to a LOR slipon, and a generic map that I had emailed to me. With tuning I don't see more power being difficult. They say the proof is in the pudding, well, there it is.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well i wouldnt expect any great amount more..Maybe a cpl lbs of tq and a few hp at best..But throttle responce will be noticeably better..Post the results no matter what you get..

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 25 Posts