Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm new here so forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place!

Has anyone used an Exhaust Gas Temperature sensor on any gen of ZX10R? I'm a student looking to design an exhaust for a 4th gen ZX10R for my final year project, and the exhaust temperature is crucial to my calculations. I cannot find anywhere that gives this information! I've called up multiple dyno companies and even BSB engine builders and none of them have used them because they say they haven't needed to!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Did you check

The only one who could be take measurement at this level will be the wsb teams on their bike during races. How secret is that I don't know.

Maybe if you have connection with Dynojet ?:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Most of us use AFR tuning vs 4 gas and/or EGT measurements.... 4 gas and EGT let you know so much more information for sure. But, like you're already heard, 99.9% don't find it necessary to dig that deep into datalogging to get the bike to do what we want it to do.

Your best bet is to get a pyrometer and log it yourself... If I were going to really invest the time into designing and building an exhaust I would not trust data that I did not collect myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts