Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah, I ran an autotune today and the bike is a lil peppier but is also getting a ton warmer than it was before. Like at idle it got up to 174 yesterday. Think I am gonna have to richen her up a tiny bit to cool it down at least on idle. I like that it gets up to temp quicker but beyond that not a fan of running higher temps. Still never had the bike break 195 since I got it which is nice but would like to keep it cooler rather than running hot. Will rack up more miles and run autotune again with all the recent data combined and see what happens. Think I need to take her on a spirited canyon ride or two first though. For sure she pulls the front up easier.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
you could just richen up on the neutral gear map i expect you don't sit at lights in gear with clutch in for long so mostly when idling you are in neutral.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Woolich sent me this answer regarding those offset times.

Dear Ashley,

The time relates to the speed of the exhaust flow.
When the O2 sensor is reading the exhaust, it is actually reading the exhaust that came out of the engine 250ms ago.
This time factor is used to correct the adjustments on the map cells. The software places the AFR reading in the cell that was being used 250ms ago, and not the 'current cell' of which the exhaust has not reached the O2 sensor yet.

Yes it is best to enter the exact values of your exhaust, and let the software calculate the offset times on the fly depending on throttle opening, rpm, etc. The Max Time Offset is the fail safe number that the software will use as a maximum if the calculation gives a larger offset number.

I hope this makes sense.

So there you go. That's the answer for people with autotune!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Woolich sent me this answer regarding those offset times.

Dear Ashley,

The time relates to the speed of the exhaust flow.
When the O2 sensor is reading the exhaust, it is actually reading the exhaust that came out of the engine 250ms ago.
This time factor is used to correct the adjustments on the map cells. The software places the AFR reading in the cell that was being used 250ms ago, and not the 'current cell' of which the exhaust has not reached the O2 sensor yet.

Yes it is best to enter the exact values of your exhaust, and let the software calculate the offset times on the fly depending on throttle opening, rpm, etc. The Max Time Offset is the fail safe number that the software will use as a maximum if the calculation gives a larger offset number.

I hope this makes sense.

So there you go. That's the answer for people with autotune!
Thanks, so 250 for Ms in the detailed settings is good as a fail safe. Ok I'll go ahead and bump it back up. I need to measure the distance to my wideband bung since I did the drill and weld part myself so it is not in the same location be it would be with anyone elses setup.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
you could just richen up on the neutral gear map i expect you don't sit at lights in gear with clutch in for long so mostly when idling you are in neutral.
Yes, I can and will add 5% to the lower 3000 rpm in neutral and see how it goes after I bump it with smoothing. I'll update after I do so

21 - 25 of 25 Posts