Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just replaced my stock exhaust with an evo akra exhaust system, now i would like to remove the flapper motor totally, naturally this gives me an error message........ now i know with my GSX R we just removed one of the PINS on the ECU main plug and the pblm was gone. does anybody here know whether this works on the ninja and which pin must be removed ???
it's a 2009 ninja zx10r thanks in advance...........

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i'd love to find a solution for this as well, as far as I know, there isnt any. I do know that when you remove the smog pump (AIS) , you can remove the error code by jumping the sensor plug. Hopefully someone has a fix for this

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on the gsx r 1000 i just pulled a pin out of the ECU main plug...... and the err message disappeared, i guess this must work on the ninja, but which is the correct pin ???...... and yes it's the sensor cable which needs to be unplugged.....

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
The only way to remove the motor without a FI light ist to get the Servo Eliminator from Ivan's Performance. Several members including myself have tried fooling the ECU other ways, but havent found one that works just yet.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
The only way to remove the motor without a FI light ist to get the Servo Eliminator from Ivan's Performance. Several members including myself have tried fooling the ECU other ways, but havent found one that works just yet.
I believe this is the general consensus. :+1:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
arrrgghhhh why did i ever sell my gsx r......lol no the tears are long gone, at least after the frist ride at full rpm's on the ninja ...... o.k. than anybody has a link for that servo eliminator ? sorry don't know who's ivan.......

·
Registered
3,152 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
A race ECU also works, about the same price as a power commander just harder to find someone who can tune. I pulled all that junk close to two years ago and no issues. I go my ECU and harness from Advanced kawasaki http://getakawi.com/ for about $400

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Jeezus Christ, the servo motor eliminator is $110. . .

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
yup, sh!ts not cheap for anything theses days
Isn't there a bracket I can put on the servo motor in place of the stock piece to eliminate the FI light? It basically tricks it from what I understand. My 636 w/Akra had one on it when I got it....

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
you could just unhook the cables.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
dont think so, it will still make a little noise when the motor activates to open and close the valve, but i dont think its gonna be that noticeable. the bike does not know the valve is not on the bike, or the exhaust for that matter. there are no electrical connections to the ecm, so you should be good.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
dont think so, it will still make a little noise when the motor activates to open and close the valve, but i dont think its gonna be that noticeable. the bike does not know the valve is not on the bike, or the exhaust for that matter. there are no electrical connections to the ecm, so you should be good.
Cool, I'll see what happens when I get my Micron serpent system on in the next few days :eek:ccasion1

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
you could do a test run before you put you pipe on. take the stocker off and unhook the cables. or you could just unhook them and leave all the stuff on, and start it. the valve is not open at low rpm anyway.

·
Registered
111 Posts
As long as you leave the servo motor connected electricaly the FI light will not come on. I unhooked the cables for the flapper. and it worked fine eversince i would recommend tuning your powercommander if you have one once you do this mod though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts