Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ve been searching and cant find an answer on google.com (end of the world there) but, what is the process that makes exhausts shoot flames. When the cat is taken off and you just have mufflers, bike will shoot flames. We did this to my friends R1 and just wanted to know the process behind it.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I believe you need to richen up the fuel but not too much you will melt the piston. have pc to adjust the fuel not 100% sure on this

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I dont know but i know ive read about it some where on the site i just cant remeber

·
Registered
180 Posts
like when hot rods/rat rods/whatever hook up spark plugs to there tail-pipes! LAME!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
The flames are gas that was not used in the combustion cycle of the engine and got expelled on the exhaust stroke. They get in the exhaust system and get ignited by the other hot gases in there and thats where you get your flame. Its better to run a little fat then to run lean. It shouldn't hurt anything, just a little wasted gas. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what I was thinking, but I wasnt sure how it ignited the gases. Thanks

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Get a quickshifter and turn the kill time up. It will send nice flames out when shifting, or anytime if you use a button for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts