Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As long as there are no negative performance results by doing this, I was wondering if anyone here has disconnected the cables to make the butterfly valve in the exhaust stay open. I am doing a few mods today: Power Commander, 16t Front sprocket, remove 2ndary butteflies, drilling out stock baffles and a K&N filter. I have the bike apart and already 1/2 way done but am very interested if anyone has done anything like this before. I would assume this would make the bike louder down low which is fine by me. I am not expecting the bike to be faster or doing this for any type of performance gain... only to be a little louder.

ANy info on this?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After searching, I found people have unplugged there servo motor and others disconnect the cables. Id rather just pop the cables off and hopefully that will keep the valve in the open position???

I have an 07 ZX-10R

·
Registered
774 Posts
After searching, I found people have unplugged there servo motor and others disconnect the cables. Id rather just pop the cables off and hopefully that will keep the valve in the open position???

I have an 07 ZX-10R
how about pulling the servo motor and dropping some weight at athe same time?

·
Registered
24 Posts
i installed a KR tuned half system on my 06 which eliminated the valve. It will make it louder, especially when down shifting and a decelerating.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Listen, I just want to know how to keep the butterfly valve open 100% of the time. Id prefer the FI light not come on so I would leave the servo motor plugged in and let it do its thing. I am going to pop off the cables and what should I do with them? Which direction is closed and which is open? Do I need to secure the cables so the valve stays open or do I disconnect them and it will stay open automatically?

Information ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just pop the cables off or take the bolt out that holds the "wheel" on. That's it. Nothing else. The butterfly fails to the open and the sevo doesn't know any different so no FI light.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found it in my best interest to leave it alone. I will tune my bike with it hooked up then unhook it and run a different tune. If there are no negative effects to it being unhooked, I will just remove the system and get the servo to trick the ecu

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Just pop the cables off or take the bolt out that holds the "wheel" on. That's it. Nothing else. The butterfly fails to the open and the sevo doesn't know any different so no FI light.
My FI light came one today with the exhaust servo code. Will taking the bold out drop the code and stop the FI light from flashing or do I need to center the servo first then take the bolt out:dontknow:

·
Registered
77 Posts
My FI light came one today with the exhaust servo code. Will taking the bold out drop the code and stop the FI light from flashing or do I need to center the servo first then take the bolt out:dontknow:
Not sure if that one will auto correct or if you need to unhook the battery. Just take the bolt out unhook the cables. I put the bolt and the servo horn back on so I don't lose it, but with the cables still disconnected.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Not sure if that one will auto correct or if you need to unhook the battery. Just take the bolt out unhook the cables. I put the bolt and the servo horn back on so I don't lose it, but with the cables still disconnected.
The cables are disconnected. We moved the servo around until we didnt get the light one, but after i drove it a few min the Fi light came back on. Whats the purpose of taking and leaving the bolt out?:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
+1
I did the same thing. No butterfly, no cables, no FI light. The motor is still there and tries to open and close still. Same deal on my 636.

I'm not 100% sure about doing this with the stock exhaust tho. I think removing the cables may actually close the butterfly, which is the opposite of what the OP wants to do.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
yeah thats what i wanna know too..IF "JUST"the cables are disconnected is that valve open or closed??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts