Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed the single side 2 BROs VALE exhaust (titanium). I love it but wanted others opinion. It does backfire some and people can hear you from a block away! I think it looks good and sounds awesome.
PLUS it was free when I bought the 06 last week. I stayed until they threw it into the deal. Installed it myself.

I was wanted to hear from others what they thought about it?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
got pics?...
oh yeah ....might want to delete the double post

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
I also got the 2bros

I got the Carbon F about a month ago, a friend from here actually did the install it for me, since the manuel sucked, but anyways, I LOVE IT!!!! it is LOUD, but a VERY NICE LOUD, and I was told that it would back fire and well, yes it does, A LOT and um. I LOVE IT. I get this fuzzy felling everytime it does too.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
Well, if you're looking for opinions, I don't care for it. Just saying this in general about the pipe, not specifically on your bike. I just think it looks kinda funky with it being off set to one side and the pipe itself being so wide. Aside from the looks, I've ridden with a guy with one on his '06, and it pops/backfires quite a bit. Certainly doesn't make the bike sound healthy to me. And because of the license plate relocation kit that comes with the pipe, his plate gets burned/discolored from the exhaust being there.

Anyway, you know what they say about opinions, and that's just mine. I still have the stock exhaust on mine, so mine still looks like crap compared to yours.

But, my money is going to Akrapovic for the dual carbon setup - as soon as I close on that second mortgage to pay for them!

·
Registered
25 Posts
looking for opinions

Again, if your looking for opinions, I like it, maybe the best looking pipe for the '06. It seems to be slightly shorter than the other ones I've looked at. I don't know about the burning, but I will look into that before buying 1.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It looks different, but good :cool: What the price on the 2 bros system? The best price I've gotten on a Akra bolt-on is $768 for the carbon on morepowerracing.com...But I'm still looking. Anyone got a hook up?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
The best price I've found for the Akra's is $763 from hardracing.com.

The 2Bro's is in the upper $500 range, from what I've seen. Considerably cheaper since you lose the catalytic converter AND get the tag eliminator AND lose the weight of the extra exhaust pipe compared to the Akra's.

I just can't get past the asthetics of it to put one on my bike.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my pipe

ok hey all! I respect everyones opinion and like other systems but liked this one the best.

Mine does not burn or make my plate black at all. It rarely pops and it sounds AMAZING. It is very light and dropped alot of weight well NOT alot but you know what I mean. I like it and got the dealer to include it for FREE in my deal. I was still going to buy it but worked on them throwing it in on the deal and IT WORKED! Laugh!

it does come with led lights build into the tag screws, they shine on the plate. the pipe comes with the fender eliminator kit.
I am going to move the plate down to my swing arm anyhow standing upright inside the rear rim. My last bikes relocator will not work so I need to order another one.

http://www.rnrfabrication.com/guardsnbrackets.htm

ok all well have a good one!!...........ride safe!!
:beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
I am not sure about the 06 ZX10R, but removing the Kawasaki clean air system form the valve cover and installing blank off plates and plugging the leftover air box holes may get rid of some of the popping on closed throttle. Check with Ivan at ivansperformanceproducts.com I know he makes these kits for the 04 and 05's

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
pipe

I was just answering someone else saying it happened. it Rarely happens to me with my pipe!! I am not worried about it and runs smooth all throughout the rpms. do not need PC but MIGHT try it down the road.
I LOVE IT!! it screams but NOT DnD loud, but I like them anyhow!!
later

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,616 Posts
Dude, no need to defend your purchase (or freebie). It's YOUR bike, do with it what you want as long as YOU'RE happy with it. I was just stating MY opinion and my experience (albeit a limited one) with this exhaust.

Despite the exhaust :)lol:), I still think you got a rockin' machine!!! :rockwoot:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts