Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was at a trackday recently and the endless line of excuses was amazing to me. One person who crashed was talking about having just leaned the bike too far. Bull. I know this can happen, but not at their speed or lean angle!!! Or, people always talking about needing race tires when their lap times are 10-15 seconds off of the fast groups practice laps. How would they ever get enough heat into them??? Or, my suspension is set up all wrong. Really, how could you tell....... I'm lucky enough to not need any excuses at all, given that I am proudly an intermediate group rider with no delusions of getter any faster. I'm not sure if this is a rant, question, or statement??? I guess that all depends upon how a person takes it when reading it. But, to those folks that have been around for a while, I promise not to do it again all that soon.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
So true.

Except you don't have to be at the track to hear excuses and just plain BS. You can't go more than a day or two on a bike forum without reading about a crash that didn't have anything to do with what the rider did or how much someone wants to do a trackday BUT ......

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So true.

Except you don't have to be at the track to hear excuses and just plain BS. You can't go more than a day or two on a bike forum without reading about a crash that didn't have anything to do with what the rider did or how much someone wants to do a trackday BUT ......
Virtually all motorcycle accidents involve rider error, a large percentage of which the rider was the main cause. The only good example of wrecks that have little rider fault are the cars turning left in front of motorcycle. How many people know that a large majority of motorcycle fatalities happen during good weather and are single vehicle accident (e.g., couldn't make the corner).

If you can afford a sportbike, you can afford a trackday. No more excuses, just do it!!!

So, in other words, I totally agree!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts