Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup all. I am on a few forums for my evo and am getting away from that scene. I am selling my evo currently (if anybody is interested let me know. Its an Modded 03 black evo for 18,000). Upon selling the car i am gonna pick up a zx-10 and then shortly after that, move out of my house.

I figured i'd need to keep something fun and fast so a bike would be the ideal choice for me.

Any info/ help/ would be appreciated. i will read the newbie sticky thread now.

I am looking at 04's and let me know if you have one for sale

Im in the mass/ nh area

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Welcome, and good luck with the search. Have you looked through our classifieds? Ill get to it before the others hop on their soap boxes. It sounds like this is going to be your fist bike. I bought an 04 10 as my first as well, so I can only really recommend a motorcycle safety class. Then its all about your constraint. Stick around this is a great place.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Post pics of the evo.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I have an 08 zx-10r with about 6k miles on it... how much would I have to put on top? It has a Hindle Full System, PC5, and Auto-Tune (not installed).

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

We can't see the pics on your forum unless we're a member.

I might just sell one of mine for the right price!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nick thanks for the interest. I was looking for an 04 ish because they are cheaper and i am a newbie rider but i'd have to say about 11,800 plus the bike for my car.

jblaze, im pretty sure if you click the link and scroll down you can view it. If not i appoligize and i will post later tonight a mod list and some pics for those interested.

Ripper, this will be my first bike. I contemplated 600's but i have beat a gsxr 600 in my car. I def don't want to get rid of my car and be slower lol. Plus all of my friends with 600's said they would much rather have a 1000. So it looks like i just gotta be a man and get a 1000 and have a ton of respect for it and take the necessary time to learn.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
nick thanks for the interest. I was looking for an 04 ish because they are cheaper and i am a newbie rider but i'd have to say about 11,800 plus the bike for my car.

jblaze, im pretty sure if you click the link and scroll down you can view it. If not i appoligize and i will post later tonight a mod list and some pics for those interested.

Ripper, this will be my first bike. I contemplated 600's but i have beat a gsxr 600 in my car. I def don't want to get rid of my car and be slower lol. Plus all of my friends with 600's said they would much rather have a 1000. So it looks like i just gotta be a man and get a 1000 and have a ton of respect for it and take the necessary time to learn.
You want an 04 because you are a new rider????:dontknow: The 04/05 is the worst (less user friendly) of the 3 generations.

·
Registered
142 Posts
First bike I take it? EVO's are fast but bikes are DIFFERENT fast. I started off on a GSXR 600 and had it for 5 years before jumping on a 1000. Do some research and learn all about riding. Taking the MSF course should be a given also.

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
this will be my first bike. I contemplated 600's but i have beat a gsxr 600 in my car. I def don't want to get rid of my car and be slower lol. Plus all of my friends with 600's said they would much rather have a 1000. So it looks like i just gotta be a man and get a 1000 and have a ton of respect for it and take the necessary time to learn.
buddy, this is not the same type of fast as your evo and riding a bike is a total different set of skills from driving a car. recommend a driving course on a 250 to learn how to ride then purchase something in the 500-600cc range to learn on for a couple years.

the zx-10r is a great bike but death will come quick to those who don't know what they are doing.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
cant see the pics from the other forum... gotta be a member to view them.

Anyway, welcome!
I had an 03 Evo way back.. I traded it in for an STI :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the opinions and information guys. I am now entertaining the idea of gettin a 600. I understand its gonna be scary to just hop on a zx-10 but some people make it seem like it is impossable to get onto a zx-10 and drive it around the town at a normal speed. In my eyes it is not like this is a track only bike that can barely be contained to streets. correct me if i am wrong.

thanks for the craigslist post "dude"

·
Gen3
824 Posts
Welcome to the group. We kinda have the same story going minus the moving out part. I just sold my evo a couple months ago. One black beauty gone to make room for another ;) I do miss her though.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i to have an EVO (06 mr) keep the car and get a bike the best of both worlds :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Welcome to the group. We kinda have the same story going minus the moving out part. I just sold my evo a couple months ago. One black beauty gone to make room for another ;) I do miss her though.
wow it seems as though alot of ppl on here have had evo's or similar vehicles. I know im gonna miss my car once its gone as well.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Welcome ESB.

An '04 as a first bike might be a bit much IMHO...but if you have the right mindset you will be fine. Post up when you pick one up. :cool:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts