Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I used to have an Evo and faced the same battle before I bought one. I have driven alot of them over the years to include the STis. It all depends on what you want. The Evos in general are a bit roomier inside vs the STI, yet the interior of the STI to include the quality is quite nicer than an evo. As far as handling, i felt not as at home with the STI as I did with the evo while racing it on a track. Seemed to be once both cars were setup with minor suspension mods, the evo reigned supreme. Same with engine mods. A buddy of mine dropped gobs of money into his STI before he could even come close to touching me in an all out race. One thing nice about the STI over an evo, is it has cruise control, the 03-present models do not come with Cruise control which really sucks on longer drives because of the evos very sentive throttle. I have yet to drive both the new evoX or the new sti, these opinions are strictly on the older versions.
A pic of the old beast 400whp with evo9 turbo on an 8 with Alcohol injection

Attachments

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I am a performance guy and it seems just about every time these 2 go head to head the Evo wins. Stock there usually about equal on speed but the Evo seems to be better on the track. I don't really like the new ones though.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
i had this delemma too... i ended up buying a mazdaspeed 6... not as fast but a lot more goodies... it has 274hp.. tq 280..15.6lbs of boost

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
You know me silver Im a 4g63 fan so the evo it is and if you plan on modding you'll definitley make mor epower with the evo.

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
EVO would be your best option! to me that motor is the best 4cyl mitsubishi ever made! and you can do either the same mods as the STI or more with less money!! and dont get me wrong the STI is a bad ass machine too but parts are too expensive.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I had an 04 sti (gone) and my wife has an 07 STI, its nice and more comfy on the road for the *driver and passanger* more so than the evo but has less leg room in the rear than the evo for other passangers. My little brother has an evo, the evo feels really good when turning in tight corners on track, but downfalls bigtime in the city parking! it sucks! sti more def. on the public road. I love the look on the evo 9 white mr.

I would personally get the evo MR because of looks alone. but now I drive a civic hybrid (saves on gas) but my fav. is the integra type r (which i believe is the most fun out of all these cars) which is currently deemed commission (got stolen last year-recovered-and on its way to recovery) stuck in the garage undergoing construction for some time now. :mrgreen:

and of course ride 05 beast when im in the mood.

this is what my evo would look like

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
i had this delemma too... i ended up buying a mazdaspeed 6... not as fast but a lot more goodies... it has 274hp.. tq 280..15.6lbs of boost
i considered this car in 06 when i saw it @ Laguna but i don't like puffers so i passed.
cool little car though as far as style and such.

BD

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
this should be a poll, edit by going to thread tools on top.
i like both vehicles perferrably the evo.

·
Registered
268 Posts
as per 06 I will say the STI FTW! prior to that the evo. The evo is cool and the MR edition is even better but for an everyday car the interior is lacking for the price. Performance wise its about driving style and I recommend you try both b4 you buy if you are an enthusiast.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I have had a tuned Subaru and with some of the issues that go with it , would prob now go for an Evo as they come as a complete package all the right bits without having to spend out on anything else. Dont get me wrong though the scooby has a great sound and iconic looks . But the evo engine can get alot more out of it , just my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I love EVO's. the look (to me) is sooooooo much hotter. Hell look at the white one with CF lip.. Nut buster... Shwoo. After my next deployment unless something else catches my eye I am going to buy one :)

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I think the EVO is a little more rare. Plus no Cruise Control on the STi, that plain sucks.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
sux. you said it :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts