Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much louder is the EVO II than the EVO I? Are there in significant performance advantages or disadvantages?

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How kind of you guys to comfort me in this, my time of woe...

Ya that fuggin R1 is getting to me! What's worse I got beat on top end by another 10. Simular mods, same map (Ivan's minus my tweeks). He had an Akra slip on and stock gearing plus (here we go) weighs a good 20 lbs less. My lowering gearing helped me to accelerate side by side with him through 5th, but he started covering more ground and pulled away (but slowly). Higher gearing I think would change the outcome.

But back to the tread topic. I plan to get a full system probably in the spring. My top choices are the Arata (my fav), Arrow, and the Akra EVO II. I'm really diggin the short carbon can on the Akra, but if it's much louder than my current setup, I don't think I would enjoy it for long rides.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Wad eva i can do to help :wink: I'm a bit confused so if you would be so kind to clarify for me/us if the common denominator in these races is "weight" :dontknow:

BD

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big Daddy said:
Wad eva i can do to help :wink: I'm a bit confused so if you would be so kind to clarify for me/us if the common denominator in these races is "weight" :dontknow:

BD
Weight is just my ready made excuse! Kinda like age is yours.... :heyyou:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Krazy1 said:
Evo 2 all the way. It sound just right. The long can looks gay and it is not much louder than stock. Also the huge advantage of the short can is it has a huge 60mm inlet and outlet tip, It looks sooooooooo GP style!
Bastid Fuggar!! Keep talking me into it! I was just in the garage inspecting (starring at) the bike and just about had myself convinced that I don't need a full system. I think my slip on looks killa, plus that full system equates out to about 70 lap dances. Hmmmmmmm, tough choice....

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Sato, or Arata full system, and get your fuggin butt on a diet and lose 10lbs to even it up! I will do it with you lets start tomorrow we will do running 3 times a week and weights 5 times cool!

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Very $$ though, but if I was going to spend that much the EVOI wouldnt even be a considereration. I wonder what the dyno curve on those two look like, you have to be giving up something somewhere.

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
As soon as i get mine tuned, i will post up the dyno chart.

And , ya, Evo II is the way to go.

later...Ara-mri

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
miykl said:
Gearing = amount of ground covered per rpm. It would explain why he crept away on top end.
yes it would BUT your shorter gearing should of given you the advan way before then.

BD

1 - 20 of 82 Posts