Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my first "real" ride with the EVO II slip-on today. Man, I love this thing. Sounds great from the seat. Nice deep tone. Loud, but not too loud unless I'm on the gas hard. My ridin' bro rode behind me and said the sound of my exhaust reminded him of sitting by the track at the Superbike races at Barber. He said that it has this really deep rumble when I transition from compression braking to maintainance throttle setting up for corners. I know from the seat it feels (yes, it's that deep) really wicked on that transition. :mrgreen: I knew it sounded to me like the Superbikes at the AMA race we went to and he confirmed that without me mentioning it.

I've gotta say I'm 100% happy with it. It's on the upper limit of how much noise I care to make on the street, but the rumble on the transition into the corners tickles my willy. I'll trade off a little stealth capability for the awesome feeling of that rumble. :mrgreen:

The EVO II slip-on gets El D's highest stamp of approval. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
166 Posts
That's sounds like a slip-on you got yourself there ED. I've currently got a c/f Micron but I'm not overly impressed with the sound, not deep enough, more of a screamer. I really want an Arata but I find it hard to justify spending that much money again on another slip-on. I've got a bit of damage to the Micron when someone ran up my arse at a Philip Island track day so I don't think I'd be able to sell it for very much anyway. Anyway, congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RoninZX-10R said:
That's sounds like a slip-on you got yourself there ED. I've currently got a c/f Micron but I'm not overly impressed with the sound, not deep enough, more of a screamer. I really want an Arata but I find it hard to justify spending that much money again on another slip-on. I've got a bit of damage to the Micron when someone ran up my arse at a Philip Island track day so I don't think I'd be able to sell it for very much anyway. Anyway, congrats on your purchase.
Thanks. :eek:ccasion1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts