Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got out on Loca for a little while this evening and got to give the exhaust a run. Sounds sweet! It's MUCH deeper sounding than the stock exhaust. At certain RPM's in certain situations it has a certain rumble to it that makes the hair stand up on my neck. :mrgreen: Kinda reminds me of the Superbikes at Barber in ways. Not exactly like them, but it definitely has that flavor to an extent.

It's almost louder than I really care for, but not insanely loud. I think the 636 with the Akra slip-on was actually louder than the EVO II shorty can is as a slip-on. I figure that's becuase the Akra slip for the 636 eliminates the exhaust valve. I think the valve on the 10 header keeps this combo a bit quieter than it would be with no exhaust valve. That's fine by me. I can come closer to flying under the radar with this combo when I'm keepin the rpm down and not giving it hell. :wink:

I'll have a better opinion of it after a good mountain ride but so far I'm lovin' it. :mrgreen:

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
El D- The sound will get deeper as the can "breaks in". Hate to tell ya, but it'll get a bit louder too. Just keep the valve connected to keep some ability to stay stealthy.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Big Daddy said:
scheew glad to hear that cuz we know it could be FS overnight. :mrgreen:

BD
:fu2: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
zx10ragentorange said:
Nice. I forgot to say how much I like the looks of that thing El D. Very creative idea indeed
Thank you. Now, excuse me while I go BAN BD for a few days. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
miykl said:
El D- The sound will get deeper as the can "breaks in". Hate to tell ya, but it'll get a bit louder too. Just keep the valve connected to keep some ability to stay stealthy.

Yeah, I know... I think it will still be "acceptable" except when I'm really hammering on it. I don't hammer except on back roads with few or no houses and mostly in the mountains where there ain't shid except me and the road. I think I'll be ok with it. The 636 was MUCH louder than this is. The Akra slip for it eliminates the valve. That thing ROARED. Ask Hard Corps (just joined the site... he bought my 636). He rode it to work and said his ears were ringin' by the time he got there. :mrgreen: It was pretty loud with earplugs in when I rode it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts