Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be installing an EVO II system on my bike. I've put plenty of exhausts on different bikes before but never on the ZX-10. I'm looking for any of those little tips and tricks regarding fitment...etc which help make the job a breeze instead of a headache.

Does anyone have a torque spec handy for the header bolts?

Also, any recommendations on where online to get new flange gaskets cheaper than at the dealer?

Thanks!

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
They are torqued to 12ft lbs, but they will back off if you torque them that low, best to snug them up the best you can, I found a combination wrench can actually get you in to all the bolts with a little dexterity, and not having to remove the radiator, then, and this is imperitive, make sure you check those nuts again after riding a while, 99% of the time they loosen up at least once.

You would probably be OK using the gaskets again( if you have too, would not reccomend it), but I swear my EVO II system came with new ones, or maybe that was my Beet, etiher way, I had a extra set I think. But if I remember they were like 3$ a piece from Ron Ayers. Good Luck. And its a piece of cake install, you can get by without removing the Radiator if you choose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts