Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question i am planning on getting my ECU flash first then a PCV second then get a QS now which route should i go with the either the secondary fuel module or ignition module or should i just get the quick shifter expansion module everyone's input would be greatly appreciate

·
Registered
459 Posts
Not saying this is the best or worst way, this is just what I did...I flashed my ECU, and put the tune directly on the flash. For the QS, I'm using the Bazzaz QS4. No PCV needed for me. As for flashing options, there's a bunch threads already on here that can answer any questions you have about that. Hopefully that helps you out a little bit.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Lack experience
Does this on side using whoolich kit ripping that company off
Can't wait when they lock their product from people doing this
He is not a tuner and someone playing with a ecu with no experience is dangerous to any computer

I rather but from someone that does this full time
Has the training and knowledge of what a computer does and fuel and timing
Someone who is a mechAnic not some person thinks they know something

I remember this person knew nothing months back and asked questions and research and now charges people for service

It's just not my cup of tea
Ivan's been doing this since 98 and guhl even longer

Trust experience and knowledge that is why your paying extra

Do you go to flea markets for tattoos ?
Never mind don't answer that lol

·
Registered
790 Posts
Lack experience
He is not a tuner and someone playing with a ecu with no experience is dangerous to any computer

I remember this person knew nothing months back and asked questions and research and now charges people for service

He is authorized by Woolich to do it, so how is that ripping Woolich off?

Now your going to reply, oh.....I didn't know that.

The rest of your post is nonsense as well.

Until Ivan got his "flash kit" about 3 months ago he was farming all his shit out to Don Ghul.

Looking for great computer expertise? Look no further than the 3rd grader who built Ivan's website lol.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
He is authorized by Woolich to do it, so how is that ripping Woolich off?

Now your going to reply, oh.....I didn't know that.

The rest of your post is nonsense as well.

Until Ivan got his "flash kit" about 3 months ago he was farming all his shit out to Don Ghul.

Looking for great computer expertise? Look no further than the 3rd grader who built Ivan's website lol.
:2bitchslap:

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
What flash do you have on your bike Tech5?

I usually stay out of these, but since Tech5 wants to continue to try and dirty my name... here we go.

Can you cut the fans on at 195?
Top speed limiter removed ?
Added rpms ?
What all can you do ?
Thought I had all that on the first post... Guess not, I'll have to update that tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

Fans? No... I cannot do that. I have requested that on Justin's site.
Top speed limiter? Yes.
Rev limiter? Adjust to your spec.
Turn TC off on the fly? Yes.
Keeps last TC setting? Yes.
Remove fuel cut? Yes.
Remove exhaust servo motor? Yes.
Remove O2 sensor? Yes. Not a big deal for North American bikes. At least not on the 11-14s... Haven't seen a 15 yet but I've heard (pure speculation) they will come with O2 sensors stateside this year.
Pair valve FI removal? Kind of... I bundle a bypass plug that will allow you to remove the pair valve without getting an FI light.

That's in conjunction with the two different flashes I offer:
1) a 1:1 complete copy of the Euro ECU (sans immobilizer); includes the euro STP positions and the ~6° across the top end
2) More aggressive with the STP positions opening them sooner and holding them open until redline as well as an extra degree of timing in the top end. This flash also comes with your choice of slip on, full exhaust or no fueling changes. This flash would be comparable to what Guhl offers.
Thanks man, sign me up
Pm me details get this rolling
On shipping and getting this out to you this week
You've got a PM.
Wow... changed your tune pretty quick... From wanting to get your ECU flashed by me to saying I don't know what I'm doing and pretty much slamming numbers into an ECU...

Wonder why that was...
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=233753

Oh could it be I pointed out someone to an ECU on sale on eBay for $290 over yours that was for sale for $400 and wasn't even available anymore? Like I mentioned there, I sent Stangs (Larry) your way when his ECU went tits up. I even contemplated buying your ECU to add to my stock for my exchange service. Just couldn't bring myself to pay $400 for an ECU when they were going for $200-300 at the time on eBay. Not my place to question your pricing; hence I never mentioned anything. Until now. But you should totally understand wanting to get the best deal... you've been haggling Damien about the R&G rear sets asking his lowest dollar over and over. I even pointed that out in the thread above. So why you got your panties in a twist over me trying to save someone money, especially on an ECU not available anymore, is beyond me. Ever since then you've been dragging my name through the mud, despite how much of an asshole you've been to me in the past. You were pretty adamant that you
WILL remember that when i want to have my ecu flashed....
If you knew anything, WRT has the limitations in place for nearly a year that keep people from reselling ECUs making profit off of their work. They've had this in place for some time. So if you're not authorized on WRT's end to be doing mutliple ECUs, it's not happening or else you have to buy a new set of keys for $100 after every 3 ECUs. But I guess I don't know anything either being one of the first people, along with Selena, to have the kits for over a year now. So whoever you're getting me confused with as not knowing anything a month ago and now offering these for sale, you're confused. Maybe with how I am now a site sponsor and paying to be a site sponsor to offer commercial services and be in accordance with site rules?

I don't know why you've been an asshole to me in the past, telling people to pass on my ECU flashes when I started doing them on eBay. I've let everything slide and let bygones be bygones.

But now you're calling me out saying I don't know shit... well here we go.

I have an AAS in aviation electronics systems, BAS in electronics engineering and am trying to finish up another BAS in computer science in what little free time I have. That is on top of the eight years of military service in the Air Force working on component level maintenance on avionic systems including COMM/NAV/GAC/FDI and other subsystems on every single aircraft in the Air Force inventory sans the F15... Also I have worked for Honeywell Aerospace as a systems design engineer designing, modifying, testing, building and troubleshooting aircraft ECUs for engines Honeywell produces. My main claim to fame was the F124 ECU which is primarily used in Aermacchi M346 as well as the X45. I also dilly dallied in the 737/731/777/767 later on in their product lifespans. We designed and built the ECUs in Tucson and sent them up to Phoenix where the engines were built and the two were "married" and then sent as a pair, or bundles of pairs depending on the application, to the manufacture who built the aircraft. That required us to go up to Phoenix several times to monitor run ups and engine testing to adjust our parameters. I mainly dealt with hardware but still had to know the software side (both application software and operation software) so if changes were needed they could passed on to the software guys so our verification/approval process could be completed and a new software rev as well as technical documentation distributed down the chain.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Lack experience

Most people just want their bike derestricted which is pretty simple. Fine tuning fuel curves is something that should be done on a dyno anyways. Nobody can blindly tune and have it be spot on. Unless you live near Guhl, there's no benefit to using their product because its not going to be perfect either.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
CONTINUED FROM ABOVE

I'm not a mechanic nor claim to be. I do all my own maintenance on my vehicles and have done so for the last 10 years. That includes putting on turbo or superchargers kits on my vehicles (or friends) to rebuilding my own motors or transmissions and all the preventative maintenance in between. Build race break repeat. Was it always that way? No... I did what I felt confident in doing and sent out work I was unsure about when I was young back to my teens working on my moms vehicles, my car or the demolition derby cars we ran in the county fair every summer. There are still somethings I am not sure of but wouldn't shy away from at least attempting now. So I do feel that I have a knowledge base that is on a little bit higher level than your average shade tree mechanic. That combined with schooling and personal training and professional experience makes me feel I am more than qualified to perform flashes; more so than some others on the boards/online.

Ivan and Don had to start somewhere too right? They didn't instantly come into having their own shop establishing the well known reputations they have didn't they?

How these flashses came about are as such; my longtime friend (MMI grad with ~8 years experience, DynoJet certified tech/operator and accomplished pro-am racer) and I went to a local shop to develop these flashes. Originally it started out just with the 4th gen 10s using my bike as the base. They saw what was happening and got interested and all of us got to talking. They were primarily a cruiser shop and we don't have a dedicated sport bike shop within 150+ miles. We were then going to take in some sportbike work for them using our own tools/tooling as well as develop flashes for bikes and offer them in shop with a drive in/drive out complete tuning package or online as a general flash like Schnitz, Brocks, MotoMummy's ECUnleashed, Flash-Tune, Superbike Unlimited, etc. In exchange for their dyno time and shop space, we were going to have to pay a monthly "rent" fee. First month went by fine until they saw the business coming in; they wanted a bigger cut than we initially agreed on and wanted to pay. So that ended rather quickly. Now, to develop flashes my friend and I have to find a bike, schedule a dyno room in Minneapolis (4 hours away) for $800 and crank it out there. Hence the delay in the 3rd Gen, 12+ 14R and 13+ 6R (should be done mid-July) because we have no facilities to do this locally and the bike selection is shit up here.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Now that lead me and my friend to thinking about possibly opening our own shop. I stated my desire to move back out to AZ full time so we decided to try it for a few years cutting my teeth and if everything went well I'd sell my half to him and I'd be free to set up shop out in AZ or Cali. So that lead to looking into the Patriot loan, SBA loans, etc. The VA helped me get in the right direction with paperwork and wanted more of a plan so that meant getting my fiance, a business management graduate, involved since she know how all of this worked. I started doing ECUs again actively keeping track of everything; reciepts, addresses, PayPal transaction numbers, modifcations performed, copies of shipping labels, copies of ECU reports generated after the flash, etc. You'd be amazed at the amount of data I have. This is all kept to show my organization skills and I at least have the capability to own/operate a business so when that time comes for the bank to make a decision, I have something to at least back up my talk. The VA saw I'm serious about this and started helping me/us more. We also had to find out three locations that were in zones in the city that were okay for the kind of stuff we plan on doing and get started on that. We had to come up with ways to diversify our selves to offer services outside of seasonal motorcycles and jet skis; snowmobiles, small engine work, light auto work, electronics work, online marketing of parts, etc; things to keep revenue up during the lull times. We had to plan out finances such as initial equipment we need, fees to rent a dyno and the fees associated with licensing the software, estimated utility fees, taxes, property lease, wages, estimated revenue, loan repayment plans, etc. A lot of time and research has gone into this $200K small business plan package. Stuff you wouldn't even think of being accounted for has to be. A lot of work has gone into it all so I'm hoping to be approved; we all are. My friend is going to head up most of the mechanic work and double checking my stuff, I'm going to handle some maintenance but a lot more of the electronics side and my fiance is going to handle all of the front office stuff as well as online portion. So hopefully it's in the cards for us, I really want it to be. My fiance's coworker thought it was a good business plan as did the rep from the VA. But it's out of our hands now.

So there you go, that's my story. So now Tech5, when you want to talk shit about me? Instead of spreading lies or bullshit because you're mad at me because I suggested someone buy an ECU over yours that was no longer available at that point in time, you can spread the truth. I have been doing flashes for over a year; zero complaints. Ask anyone who I've had their ECU through my hands (I have their emails, address and phone numbers if you want to call or visit them all) and they will all tell you the same thing. My dedication to this is more than just a supplementary income thing; it's a way for me to move into what I want to do and own/operate my own shop. My quality of work, thoroughness and reputation with people have used me speaks volumes for what I have done and what I will do.

So you know what Tech5, just because I am one who lets things slide, I will offer to do your ECU, 100% free... I will pay for overnight shipping from you, eat the cost of the flash and pay for overnight shipping back to you.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
Simple question i am planning on getting my ECU flash first then a PCV second then get a QS now which route should i go with the either the secondary fuel module or ignition module or should i just get the quick shifter expansion module everyone's input would be greatly appreciate
I'd say get the ECU flash first and then a PCV. Each bike is different and going to respond to mods differently. Start there.

As far as the ignition module and SFM you're not going to gain much. I had both on my bike and had them tuned... made similar numbers with just my PCV. Not much (noticeable) was gained with them.

I'd say do the basic ECU derestriction, get the PCV and buy a standalone QS like the Annitori RL V2, Trasnlogic or Bazzaz QS4.

If you are interested in having the ECU flash, as mentioned, I do provide this service to individuals on the forums here and have plenty of feedback on eBay, Facebook, Instagram and more importantly these forums as to the quality of my work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
archer

well said Archer. Archer will be my first choice for ECU flash. in the few pms with him, he seems very helpful and professional.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ran an Archer flash on my previous 2012 10R and I'll just say that my experience with him was top notch. He answered all of my questions politely and quickly no matter how idiotic they were. He gave me lengthy explanations that showed me that he was knowledgeable and showed attention to detail.

Shipping was seriously quick too.

As for the longevity or possible issues with tune, I did not experience any.....and this was a track bike that lived in higher RPMS all of its short life. Seriously, I beat the absolute shit out of that bike. No kaboom.

I'll be sending him my new bike's ECU after I get all these track days out of the way.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
And the winner is.....wait for it........ZX10Archer

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@ZX10RArcher i have all intentions to using your flash I would like to call and talk to you if at all possible and for everyone else thanks for the replys and input helps me out alot

1 - 20 of 21 Posts