1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yeh a friend of mine put one of those on his CBR600 track bike.

He has had a lot of problems with it, it seems that bumps are upsetting the sensor and it cuts the bike but since your not shifting it just makes the bike stutter like it has a bad miss. This caused him to crash on one occasion as it cut out mid corner at full lean.

We put a heavy rubber band to try and stop movement and set the activation really high in the rev range to overcome it which works because its a track only bike.

This is on a CBR600 with a vertical shift rod and it was bought second hand so dont know if that has anything to do with it.

Just looking at it the quality is no where near as good as the Dynojet QS that i have. It looks real nice but i dont think the electronics are the best.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
damn stretchy thanks for your two cents thats all i needed to hear.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
trying to save money on a quickshifter?
That shifter is best left alone. We binned it and went with the original DJ Shifter and was sooooo much better.
But it good enough for the 04 fer sho' :thumbsup:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im sorry bkninja but im not understanding your english. you binned it? that sounds illegal in 48 states

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
It has some damn good feedback on ebay, but most of them likey gave feedback before thoroughly testing the shifter, but for that price it might be worth a try.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Man, I was so sold on getting one. But, I don't know now. It says it cand sense pull and push type linkage. So would that make it able to shift up and down clutchless?
Probably not, I tink moreof the meaning of that statement was it is universal for all different types of linkages, push, pull, vertical, horizontal, etc.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Binned it translate into "Thrown into garbage can" another version "binned"
"He fackin bought an 04, bin it!!, what a plonker!"
ohh nooo haha not the 04! well w its frame probs, generetor and wheel...the 05s are better canidates but you cants beat that engine baby. "like a rat jumping outta your sock drawer!", youll never read a comment like that again from any magazine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts