Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gary Virgin at the Evansville Superbike Shop is some sort of freaking magician. I just could not get my GEN5 to run right after installing the Graves cat eliminator. I dropped the bike off with Gary last week and picked it up today. I haven't put it fully through it's paces yet but I did put about 100 miles on it today and it is 1000% better than what I had before. I am totally amazed at how good this thing is running now. I won't say what he charged me because I feel like I WAY underpaid to get him to tune this bike for me. I cannot thank him enough. Hopefully it races as good as it runs on the highway. Will find out 4th of July weekend.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
Gary Virgin at the Evansville Superbike Shop is some sort of freaking magician. I just could not get my GEN5 to run right after installing the Graves cat eliminator. I dropped the bike off with Gary last week and picked it up today. I haven't put it fully through it's paces yet but I did put about 100 miles on it today and it is 1000% better than what I had before. I am totally amazed at how good this thing is running now. I won't say what he charged me because I feel like I WAY underpaid to get him to tune this bike for me. I cannot thank him enough. Hopefully it races as good as it runs on the highway. Will find out 4th of July weekend.

Quit putting teasers out there and post up the graphs so the rest of us can see the goodness.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't even see the graphs (other than a couple of cell phone pics in progress) and actually didn't care to see them. I told him he could take some power out of it and I'd be perfectly fine with that. I was already at 195 at the wheel. I just wanted it to run "smoothly". Mission accomplished. Although he did say I got about 5 more HP in the mid range just because the AFRs are now where they should be. I was about to sell it before giving Gary a shot at it. When I dropped it off he asked me to describe all the things that weren't right and what I wanted out of the tune. I told him exactly what my issues were and they're all fixed. Well, I should say at least the ones I can test on the street. I won't know fully until I get it on the track whether everything is exactly where I want it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I didn't even see the graphs (other than a couple of cell phone pics in progress) and actually didn't care to see them. I told him he could take some power out of it and I'd be perfectly fine with that. I was already at 195 at the wheel. I just wanted it to run "smoothly". Mission accomplished. Although he did say I got about 5 more HP in the mid range just because the AFRs are now where they should be. I was about to sell it before giving Gary a shot at it. When I dropped it off he asked me to describe all the things that weren't right and what I wanted out of the tune. I told him exactly what my issues were and they're all fixed. Well, I should say at least the ones I can test on the street. I won't know fully until I get it on the track whether everything is exactly where I want it.
GREAT NEWS...You sound like me, I been thinking of selling mine because the on off throttle really upsets the suspension on this bike, far from smooth and I had my ECU flashed by a VERY well known person on this forum...My bike is race-track only, time for me to drop mine off for a dyno tune...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GREAT NEWS...You sound like me, I been thinking of selling mine because the on off throttle really upsets the suspension on this bike, far from smooth and I had my ECU flashed by a VERY well known person on this forum...My bike is race-track only, time for me to drop mine off for a dyno tune...
Are you thinking about having Gary do yours? The off/on throttle thing is one area I want to test at the track before sticking a fork in that one. You wouldn't happen to have the KRT version would you? And if it's track only would you want to sell your OEM fairings? Mine are all busted. :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
amazing what a good dyno tuner can do for driveability and powerband. reason i always go the same route. runs strong and responsive on the road, will do the same on the track. glad ur happy now.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I rode it again this evening. It's amazing how much it sucks to ride a bike that doesn't run like it should compared to a bike that runs like a friggin' raped ape. This thing really is amazing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts