Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought 2008 zx-10r and I just realised it is an French model and it has 78.2 kw. I`m curious is it an ECU restriction or ...? If its an ECU restriction is it possible to flash the ECU to get full power 147.1kw(I have Ram Air model)

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Hey guys I just bought 2008 zx-10r and I just realised it is an French model and it has 78.2 kw. I`m curious is it an ECU restriction or ...? If its an ECU restriction is it possible to flash the ECU to get full power 147.1kw(I have Ram Air model)
Yes the ECU can be flashed but also the cams are a different profile & need replacing or re-grinding.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the ECU can be flashed but also the cams are a different profile & need replacing or re-grinding.
Could you please give more information about the cams and whats their differs from 147kw version. Cause as I understood the engine is exactly the same. Did I understood you correctly?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Take it for what it`s worth, because I don`t know specific about the French models or the 2008.
But the 04/05 106 HP models in Norway was just a simple metal restrictor at the
throttle bodies where the cables attach (to stop full range of throttle motion) and if I remember correctly also a jumper plug for the ecu/harness probably triggering different timing/fuel maps. Everything could be removed in 45 minutes. But it`s too long ago to remember more details.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
It looks like iv jumped in half cocked on that one, i checked the part numbers on the cams between the French & UK models they are indeed the same cams, so no need to worry on that one i wa wrong there:dontknow:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts