Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone in the know confirm that the race ecu timing is the same as the euro spec ecu timing? Need some info for tuning purposes.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Hmm...that's a good question. I know the fuel map and secondary butterfly map are not the U.S. limited versions...so it would stand to reason that they didn't limit the limit the ignition on the race ECU in any way. However, I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean it's the same as the E.U. spec. In fact, I'm thinking the fuel maps aren't quire the same as the E.U. spec either. I stuck a wideband on the bike with all the usual race stuff (de-cat, muffler, race filter), and it was almost dead on 13.0 AFR across the board with the 0 map. So, while the mods I had done at that time aren't exactly revolutionary on the fuel map, I almost think it's mapped for an engine setup just like the race kit manual specifies. :dontknow:

If you're willing to share, I'd love to see if you're able to come up with anything in the ignition area on this bike. I haven't heard of any success changing the ignition map on this bike yet. I haven't touched the ignition map on mine.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm still waiting on some answers to this. I'm hoing that I can find a bit of info in regards to this as I will be building a 2015 bike this winter and it would be nice to hit the ground running.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The US road-spec ECU retards the ignition in the high RPM & throttle corner of the timing tables. The EU spec does not.

So if you flash your US spec ECU you have most likely changed your timing a little bit.

Rob

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi rob. I have the race ecu. I'm looking to verify if the euro timing table is the same as the timing table that I have in my race ecu.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
He needs the stock/default ignition timing values from the Race/Kit ECU, not the EU ECU.

It's unknown if the Kit ECU uses the stock EU values as a base or not. Until it is dumped it won't be known. Also the Kit software only shows values in degrees of changes; +1, +2, -1, -2, etc. So you can't look at the values there and see what the timing tables look like because you don't know the default values.

There used to be a BIN file for it in the WRT software but it is no longer there.

·
Registered
634 Posts
He needs the stock/default ignition timing values from the Race/Kit ECU, not the EU ECU.

It's unknown if the Kit ECU uses the stock EU values as a base or not. Until it is dumped it won't be known. Also the Kit software only shows values in degrees of changes; +1, +2, -1, -2, etc. So you can't look at the values there and see what the timing tables look like because you don't know the default values.

There used to be a BIN file for it in the WRT software but it is no longer there.
I see what you are saying. I can dump the EU tables for you. If you can't get the absolute timing values from your kit ECU you will need to measure it...

Rob

Rob

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the replies. This seems to be a fairly rare setup as there is little info. I think that my only real option at this point is to just tune my setup on a dyno and create a ignition map off the base race ecu map.

I thought that with all of the ecu info that is out there someone may have already looked into the race ecu.

·
Registered
946 Posts
through the woolich system you could see it, but I've ask a couple people and they aren't sharing the final stock timing numbers for some reason.......stock. Not like some big race secret....i'll share the stock 04/05 stuff all day for anyone that cares for it.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
through the woolich system you could see it, but I've ask a couple people and they aren't sharing the final stock timing numbers for some reason.......stock. Not like some big race secret....i'll share the stock 04/05 stuff all day for anyone that cares for it.
The problem is if you have a kit ECU, chances are you have the kit software and thus no need for a Woolich setup. And like I said earlier the kit ECU bin dump used to be in Woolich, but it no longer is. I thought I saved a copy of it, but apparently didn't.

And going off from what I've been told, when you adjust the parameters in the kit ECU, the kit software only displays them as positive or negative value changes, similar to the DJ software and not actual numerical representation of the values themselves like it does in Woolich. So the problem is, when you have +1 in cell A for ignition timing, what is the actual timing setting itself? If we knew the base value stored within the ECU (say 32 for example) with that +1 in the cell, we'd know it would be 33.

I looked through the kit ECU manual today with nothing there. The OP wants to know what the base settings are to see if he can maybe add a +5 or +6 in case they go off the North American base values in the ECU. But if they go off of the overseas values, that +5 or +6 will have a different outcome. He wants to know the base values stored in the ECU so he can try to get some more performance out of the bike. And without actually being able to attempt to manually read the values there is no way for certain to find them out.

My guess is that they go off of the base overseas values. If anyone has a kit ECU and wants to help out, I would more than likely be glad to help attempt to dump it to see if it reads out. But I'm guessing if the ECU bin defs have been removed from Woolich when the part number was. And that when it reads the part number, the WRT software will give you an error saying it's an unsupported bin and suggest you send it to them for investigation. I'd attempt to read it with my Piasini... but I'm still trying to write manual defs for the US stock ECU I dumped so I wouldn't have anything useful for the OP in the timeframe needed.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I'd attempt to read it with my Piasini... but I'm still trying to write manual defs for the US stock ECU I dumped so I wouldn't have anything useful for the OP in the timeframe needed.
ZX10RArcher, which Piasini did you get? The real one from Christian Piasini that costs 1000's, or the Chinese Piasini "clone" that costs $93.00. I hear the clone works real well and was thinking of buying one myself is why I am asking.

http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-clone-piasini-master.html

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
ZX10RArcher, which Piasini did you get? The real one from Christian Piasini that costs 1000's, or the Chinese Piasini "clone" that costs $93.00. I hear the clone works real well and was thinking of buying one myself is why I am asking.

http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-clone-piasini-master.html
I was going to buy the real one and consider it an investment, still may. But I had problems with their website and gave up (probably a little too quickly). I did some research and found a lot of people have had good experiences with the clones. So I ordered one through eBay for $90 with express shipping and had it in 4 days.

So far so good. I've been able to dump a few ECUs with it. The only complaint I had was the "tech support" from company I bought it from. They couldn't answer any of my questions and had to always consult "the engineer" which usually involved some B.S. answer.

Heads up, if you do it, and have Windows 8, 8.1 your drivers won't install right. You'll have to goto the advanced boot up options, disable driver signing enforcement, manually install the drivers and reboot. Then everything should be okay.

I don't expect it to last very long, so I'm considering this a test drive to see if I want to dive in and spend the $7K on the master version.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The problem is if you have a kit ECU, chances are you have the kit software and thus no need for a Woolich setup. And like I said earlier the kit ECU bin dump used to be in Woolich, but it no longer is. I thought I saved a copy of it, but apparently didn't.

And going off from what I've been told, when you adjust the parameters in the kit ECU, the kit software only displays them as positive or negative value changes, similar to the DJ software and not actual numerical representation of the values themselves like it does in Woolich. So the problem is, when you have +1 in cell A for ignition timing, what is the actual timing setting itself? If we knew the base value stored within the ECU (say 32 for example) with that +1 in the cell, we'd know it would be 33.

I looked through the kit ECU manual today with nothing there. The OP wants to know what the base settings are to see if he can maybe add a +5 or +6 in case they go off the North American base values in the ECU. But if they go off of the overseas values, that +5 or +6 will have a different outcome. He wants to know the base values stored in the ECU so he can try to get some more performance out of the bike. And without actually being able to attempt to manually read the values there is no way for certain to find them out.

My guess is that they go off of the base overseas values. If anyone has a kit ECU and wants to help out, I would more than likely be glad to help attempt to dump it to see if it reads out. But I'm guessing if the ECU bin defs have been removed from Woolich when the part number was. And that when it reads the part number, the WRT software will give you an error saying it's an unsupported bin and suggest you send it to them for investigation. I'd attempt to read it with my Piasini... but I'm still trying to write manual defs for the US stock ECU I dumped so I wouldn't have anything useful for the OP in the timeframe needed.
It's 32 degrees at wot and max revs you can add 5 degrees if you use 99ron or higher

1 - 15 of 15 Posts