Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the thread size and pitch of the lambda sensors in the mid pipe? I lost both bolts from my delkevic mid pipe and it was a giant pita to find them originally. Delkevic does not supply those bolts to us in US and our bikes don't have lambda sensors.
I had to take it to hardware store before I had it on bike and that is not an option as its on bike.
Really need help on this.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
There are 2 types of industry-standard lambda sensor threads "big" and "small". The standard automotive heated sensor is the "big" variety and it is M18x1.5. If that doesn't look anywhere close to being correct, it is M12xsomething but I don't know the pitch.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the "BIG" style you mean same as a wide band sensor/oxygen sensor size than they are definitely the "small". And that is the problem. They are a VERY odd pitch.
Screw it, I am just going to use Copper high temp liquid gasket to fill in the holes along with a bolt that will just barely fit inside the threaded holes. that way the liquid gasket doesn't blow out and the bolts will be held in by the liquid gasket. All easily removable and not permanent and no cross threading involved.
I had to cut down and hand file the previous bolts I had found at the 3rd hardware store I tried. The bolts were 4" long and only need 1.25-1.5" length. Any longer and they interfere with the exhaust flow by being too far down. Wait a pain in the ass!! Stupid holes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts