Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just installed CLEAR ALTERNATIVES front and rear signals w/ chrome bulbs. Started w/back, and flash worked perfect. Went to front and flast is fast. Only pluggs one way. What gives? I heard the LED lights need new relay, but didn't think these would. First couple of flashes normal, then fast blink starts.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
Are you sure that one of the bulbs didn't burn out? Given CA's quality control problems, it wouldn't surprise me. Did you have to pay extra for the chrome bulbs for the rear? $12 is a lot for a bulb.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Looks schweet, by the way.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Cryptoman said:
Are you sure that one of the bulbs didn't burn out? Given CA's quality control problems, it wouldn't surprise me. Did you have to pay extra for the chrome bulbs for the rear? $12 is a lot for a bulb.
Got the set off ebay for $100 shipped, brand new from sub-dealer.
Didn't know of problems w/CA. Are they OK?
Also, bulbs work front and back.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I had a few problems with mine. You can read about it here: http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4745.

You might try swapping the front and back bulbs and see if it makes a difference. Sounds like one of the bulbs has a higher resistance.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I think you are supposed to reinstall the original bulbs for proper flash. Did you?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bluedevil said:
I think you are supposed to reinstall the original bulbs for proper flash. Did you?
No. It was a package deal and I thought it would work that way. I used the chrome one's that was sent.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I think that is your problem then. I did not buy the Clear euros but the ones I did buy said that the original bulbs should be installed for proper flash,which I used, but with my new led lights in the back it still screwed up that flash rate, so I figured that din't help me. I love my rear LEDs so I live with it for now.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Blue, you can add a resistor to the power lead for the rear flashers and return your flash rate to stock(or longer or shorter, depending on the value of the resistor installed). You can get the part at radio shack for about $1.00. I'll try and come up with the correct value for you herre in a little bit....

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
nice bike whats a queation?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
just replace the flasher relay...$7 & probably $4 for connectors..part is EL12 from pep boys or Napa or auto advance(former trak auto)

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
If bulb's not burned-out, you may just need a small resister to put in series with your bulbs. Your current bulbs are not putting as much of a load on your system as the stockers did.

I went with LP Euro flushmounts. Looks factory, and looks cool.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
You can go with the resistor like everyone stated or change their bulbs out with the oem's. That's what I did since I liked the white light better than the amber.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fixed

Fixed problem! "C.A" mailed me the correct bulbs -1156. The load was to small and pulled to much current. I left the small bulbs up front and installed 1156 in rear. Flash is back to normal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts