Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the Dynojet website for maps and have a question concerning the various map types that have listed there.

What are the differences between the European and Canadian bikes?

Anyone out there know?

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
The ECU has a different part number. There are differences in the wiring and cosmetic items, but those have no effect on the engine.

This engine's ignition and fuel injection are controlled by the ECU, which means that the different ECU could make all the difference in the world. Or it could have only a trivial difference. We don't know.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
US spec bike do not have the ignition immobilizer feature that all of the euro and canadian spec bikes got.

I would think the euro spec bike also have to met the tighter euro sound and exhaust requirements that the US dont have to meet just yet.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So what happens if I put a Euro map in a N.A. bike?

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Canadian bikes don't have the Immobilizer. Canada and US have the same bike. Only Euro is different. Not sure about Australia.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I thought the immobilizer was built in to the bike somewhere in the American version. Not in the ignition like the Euro but hidden somewhere inside the bike.

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
My euro Yoshi map is only slightly rich, which seems to be the norm. The euros are a little rich for the US model but not so bad that it runs bad. Or it could be I don't run the crap out of it, so my riding style lends to the richness in the 5-9k range.

Tread

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool...thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts