Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well managed to misplace my key when moving house, ordered a new one but does anyone with the manual know how you go about getting the immobiliser system to recognize the new key?? Think this only applies to the Euro model but still may be covered in the manual. Any help is appreciated :smile:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lost one of the black keys, still got the red one as this is needed somehow to program the other keys, also my dealer tells me if the red gets lost your looking at nearly £500 :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers, still got the red and one black key, my only problem is if the bike was nicked the insurance company would want all keys back, if I told em I lost one and hadn't bothered getting a replacement and getting the old one locked out they might have a problem paying out. I'll be getting broadband soon hopefully so will download the manual then. Keys on back order anyway so will probably have the manual before the key turns up.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The keys have a lock code for the ignition switch it should be on a tag when you first got the keys.

Buy a blank key from Kawasaki and get the new key cut to the same code. Easy so far. With the Master Key (Red) you can register additional keys with the ECU. It is in the Manual, something like turn on with the Red and then turn off and remove, quickly put the new key in a on turn it on, there is a code flashed by the FI light and turn it off. It should have registered the new key, turn it back on a it it starts then all is okay.

The RED key is like the master so keep it in a safe place, this also means you can still hand the insurance company a full set of keys, the dealer with special tool can also remove the codes of the old keys to make then unusable. So only the red and the new blacks operate the bike. Buy or download the manual, you can read all about it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Ninja, keys on back order so should have the manual soon if my broadband modem turns up soon, not too bothered about getting the lost key unusable as I lost it in another country.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts