Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading up about the Euro ECU mod for the 05 ZX6, I started wondering about the 06/07 ZX10.

I found the wiring diagrams for the various worldwide models and it appears that the same mod could be done on the 06/07 ZX10. It looks to be the "WTVA Honeycomb Catalytic Converter" plug on the "Other than US, Canada, NZ, Columbia, Taiwan, Australia, Malaysia" diagram from the service manual.

Has anyone tried it yet and if so, how did it go?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has anyone tried it yet and if so, how did it go?
I am intending on doing this mod (it can't hurt, given that it is fitted in Europe anyway) but I was wondering if anyone who has access to a dyno could try it and pass on the results?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I don't think the mod is the same...i would guess if it was it would of been brought to our attention 2 years ago when the Gen2 first came out by some mid level race team or such.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The Euro models have two oxygen sensors just before the cat. On the US models cat you can see the raised boss on the top at the front, but it's not drilled and tapped. The difference in ECU might just be the link to the sensors.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
That free HP I have yet to see on a dyno. Two of my buddies have done the jumper mod and neither saw any gains on the dyno over stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts