Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the US and Brazil the major users of E10 fuel? I am curious if Europe and Australia have a percentage of Ethanol in their gas.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,201 Posts
As someone who lives in the US, I can't tell you a direct answer to your question. With that in mind, Ethanol blends are widely available in Europe these days. Whether they are mandatory blends like the E10 in the US, I don't know. Over there you may be optional fuels. :dontknow:

I did a quick google search on that and came up with this. So maybe someone else who lives over there can get some person feedback. :wink:
Fuel Blends | ePURE - European Renewable Ethanol

·
Registered
684 Posts
It's standard in Canada too. The only non-ethanol blends we have on the west coast are Chevron 94 octane and Shell 91 octane. Eveything else has up to 10% ethanol.

·
Registered
94 Posts
In EU we have E10 at 95 Octane rating and E5 which is at 98 Octane rating. Same in Australia.

I use E10 95 Octane in both 04 1KRR and my Gen 4 ZX10R with no issues. I find low end revs throttle response to be nicer to ride than when running E5 98 Octane.

Ethanol mandatory fuel blends in normal fuel is ass-nine, I can understand it and fully support using it in Diesel Fuel and think BioDiesel a good thing but for the rest it is retarded but then so are politicians.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts