Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
This should be good, now we can see the difference between a 600 and an 1125. If he does just as good I will eat my hat. I wish him luck...I think he will need it.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I would hate to be Danny right now! good luck!....

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
This should be good, now we can see the difference between a 600 and an 1125. If he does just as good I will eat my hat. I wish him luck...I think he will need it.

I will too, as well as a whole lot of us. That may have been there thinking, if he wins again, the whole Buell vs the 600 argument would tak a whole new turn IF Eslick was competitive and won the title on a 600 as well.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Good luck with that, Cardenas will smoke him now.
:+1:
...along with Herrin, Aquino, DiSalvo, etc., etc..

:lol:

Last time he rode a bike without an unfair advantage over the others he was lucky to finish in the top 20. His experience(confidence) from last season might help him a little but not enough to make up for his lack of skill compared to the top guys.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
even though i felt his championship was won on a bike with a unfair advantage that was not danny's fault but a result of dmg rules...heck if the rules allowed you to ride a bike with twice the displacement of other bikes why wouldn't you do it...i wish danny well....he seems like a really nice guy and i feel bad for the pressure he will be under but i don't see another championship in his future....yes he did ride the heck out of the buell and got results that the other buell riders were not capable of. but there is no denying that many of those wins came from the buells advantage down the straight....i think the season just became interesting again.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
....yes he did ride the heck out of the buell and got results that the other buell riders were not capable of. but there is no denying that many of those wins came from the buells advantage down the straight....
If "riding the heck out of a bike" means making mistakes that you could only get away with on a bike that makes the others look like they're standing still in a straightline, then I agree. :lol:

And the other buell riders didn't get wins but they did achieve much better results than they had in past seasons.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
time will tell. we will see next year how much was Danny and how much was Buell!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
So there IS going to be roadracing in America next year?:lol: good luck to him, he is gonna need it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Didnt he ride a gsxr 600 2 years ago. I dont think he did bad, but he certainly wasnt in the hunt for a win. This year should be much more intertaining.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Eslick was made for wrestling/sliding a bigger bike though the corners being from a dirttrack backround . I seriously doubt that he will be dicing with Cardonas on a 600cc bike( 250cc type riding , extream lean angles, pushing front end hard ) Bur he will do better than people think. Dont let the continuous foul ups of the DMG cloud your Judgement of the riders skill. ( this is a general statement not aimed anyones judgement in particular )

BTW did anyone notice how Harley leaned on the DMG so eslicks team woulnt pt him on a Buell again, Like it was reported earlier ?... harley has been catching hell for dropping Buell and didnt want the chance of him winning again on a shut down brand . Even Wallstreet inverstors didnt look at the dropping of Buell as sound business. HD average buyer is 47.5 yrs old and that segment is even saturated .

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I really hope HD folds! I'm so sick of there shit!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I really hope HD folds! I'm so sick of there shit!
:+1:

Victory may be ugly as hell but are doing things good not just mass produced crap for posers. I would like to own a good looking, relable, ridable american bike. With Hardly gone other American companys may try and produce something besides a underpowered cruser.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts