Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I put mine, '12 ABS model, on the battery tender regularly and haven't had a problem yet. If my bike is going to sit for more than a week, it gets the tender plugged in.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Does any one know if u get this error code do u have to clear it after some how? I have this issue with my bike now and it's running on like 3 cylinders, but even though I swapped Ecu with my buddies and battery it still continues to run like shitt and code turns on randomly?

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Does any one know if u get this error code do u have to clear it after some how? I have this issue with my bike now and it's running on like 3 cylinders, but even though I swapped Ecu with my buddies and battery it still continues to run like shitt and code turns on randomly?

Codes only clear when the issue is resolved. The codes will be stored in your ECU's history and can only be pulled and deleted by a dealer tool

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,
i replaced the clutch plates on mine after the bike has been sitting for say 3 weeks and now its giving multiple errors :- 39 ; b58 & E36
Opened up the full bike have the manual {everything checked }
39 = communication error {ECU to Gauge cluster}as per manual and checked Communication its Good.
b58= is KIBBS and KDS is well within range with 63 ohms {30-70 ohms}but {KDS to ground is not }
E36=Blank key error {its new same KEY also tried with other spare one}

This is a new 2015 bike with 2K on ODO and now i am blank .
all i could find in several forums is that the battery is week {but mine shows 12.95V} if battery with 12.95V is considered week i wonder how big battery i should have and is this bike only works on 13V + or so ?

Anyone have ever faced such issue ? any help appreciated
Bike was not washed only Exhaust installed with servo left there with loose cables {did not thro any error codes}
THe only thing done was clutch replaced with new and no connectors disconnected

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,
i replaced the clutch plates on mine after the bike has been sitting for say 3 weeks and now its giving multiple errors :- 39 ; b58 & E36
Opened up the full bike have the manual {everything checked }
39 = communication error {ECU to Gauge cluster}as per manual and checked Communication its Good.
b58= is KIBBS and KDS is well within range with 63 ohms {30-70 ohms}but {KDS to ground is not }
E36=Blank key error {its new same KEY also tried with other spare one}

This is a new 2015 bike with 2K on ODO and now i am blank .
all i could find in several forums is that the battery is week {but mine shows 12.95V} if battery with 12.95V is considered week i wonder how big battery i should have and is this bike only works on 13V + or so ?

Anyone have ever faced such issue ? any help appreciated
Bike was not washed only Exhaust installed with servo left there with loose cables {did not thro any error codes}
THe only thing done was clutch replaced with new and no connectors disconnected

·
Registered
97 Posts
When I had issues with mine it turned out to be a mis spark on a spark plug . But I also bought a Shorai battery thinking that would fix it too .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Correction UPDATE:
The last error could be E3b{electronic steering stabilizer} instead of E36{Blank Key detected}
i fully charged the battery overnight and properly tightened the terminals to eradicate this battery issue {13.3V}
The fuel pump is still not priming and the bike is taking start kicks {engine rotating} without fuel pump running so wont start

Total errors 3 :-
39 > b58 > E6b

Anyone faced something like this ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had same error code, replaced battery after reading this thread.
Needless to say all sorted no more error code.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Correction UPDATE:
The last error could be E3b{electronic steering stabilizer} instead of E36{Blank Key detected}
i fully charged the battery overnight and properly tightened the terminals to eradicate this battery issue {13.3V}
The fuel pump is still not priming and the bike is taking start kicks {engine rotating} without fuel pump running so wont start

Total errors 3 :-
39 > b58 > E6b

Anyone faced something like this ?
Check your bank angle sensor. I had same issue on my Blade.
It's a fail safe for when the bike is on its side to stop the engine not getting oil it switches of the fuel pump so the engine cuts out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mine started throwing this code this morning.

Sometimes if I turn it off and then back on the code goes away and it starts up just fine.

Bike is less than a year old, kinda sux to already need a new battery.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts