Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me identify the error with code 25? The bike runs fine as has no loss of power but I am getting some sort of error since the FI light keeps flashing. And the error code is 25, what error is this?

·
Registered
399 Posts
On a 2008 ZX10R, Error code 25 is the gear position switch. "If the gear position switch system fails, (no signal, wiring short or open), the ECU sets the top (6th) gear position."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I forgot the bike is a 2006 model. But actually the light came on the instant I put it into first gear, so it might be something like that. Does anyone know if error code 25 means the same on 2006 as the 2008?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could one of you provide me with info on where to find this GPS sensor and maybe with a picture to illustrate?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
The actual sensor is on the first page, on the third picture under the chain.

Remove it, clean it and put it back. If it's still not working, check the connection wire on the throttle bodies /replace sensor(second page, first picture -C-). Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you so much. That was very very helpful, i will try that and see if it helps. Will it harm the bike to drive with a broken GPS sensor? It feels like it deliveres full power, and as i understand the bike will think it is in 6th if the sensor is not working and therefore i must get a richer a/f than else in the lower gears which will not be as harmfull as a lean mixture, but i might be missing something?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Glad to help :thumbsup:. It's better to fix/replace it. Richer mixtures can cause damage too (higher temps etc). Maybe it needs some cleaning, this is a "critical" sensor, if it was totally gone the bike wouldn't start.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
damn he did everything but do it for ya lol good shit

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One last thougt. How do I clear the error code? Does it go away it self or will it go away if I disconnect the battery?

tasos: You have been most helpful, is there anyway I can give rep-points to you or is it not part of this forum?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
One last thougt. How do I clear the error code? Does it go away it self or will it go away if I disconnect the battery?

tasos: You have been most helpful, is there anyway I can give rep-points to you or is it not part of this forum?
It should be gone when you fix it. If not, try to disconnect the battery. If not the dealer must connect the Kawasaki Diagnostic System to clear it.

Check the icons below your posts :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 08 which I just installed a TRE on has the same code 25 problem is there a way to fix it so that this error goes away or is it just gonna have to be that way(like my gear indicator only showing 6th) because of the TRE?? Thx

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed a tre on my 08 zx10r and now I have the same code 25 flashing. Is there a way to fix the error without removing the tre?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts