Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now this might be a coincidence or im extremely unlucky
I dyno the bike did major service. Valve clearance shim replacedment coolant oil etc.wanted to test the bike and took it out bike just died in front of my gate. The idling was lowering gradually and bike stalls and error 21 pops.

Now b4 the major svc i never had issue. So the kawi dealer i sent tthe bike said its the pulse sensor or crankshaft sensor issue. I ve tought time believing it. ...but i asked him to change it but local kawasaki stockist dont have stock and takes about a month to get it.
Now im pissed. 1st i dont have bike to ride 2nd i cant ride in track this weekend.

So i did the resistance test using a multimeter came up 440 ohm wen using 200k and got 0.44 ohm wen using 20k. Well now im confused seeme to me the sensor is ok. Maybe im wrong bike has 50k km on it so maybe but never did this b4. There was a fi code 34 n thats is due to exhaust valve n its sorted. On 34 the bike ran fine no issue n once im home i fitted my spare actuator n problem solved.

Having sleepless night thinking bout this i ripped the bike n check the sensor wiring all looks fine.

Wat else could be causing crankshaft sensor error. Im guessing maybe something else is wrong.

Anyone has experience or suggestion. ive read older post on this error and not much info there and dont really see a follow up post.

I tried ebay for used one but its gonna take 3 weeks n the price is much higher compared to new ones here n too risky as it might be faulty too.

So im in a dilemma its almost 4am and im still sleepless thinking wat to do.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
took it to the dealer back again he confirmed that the sensor is the issue . i told him to try using another bike sensor to be sure . if the problem is not sensor then we have to look elsewhere.

Hoping things will work well .

Skydork thanks for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts