Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a feeling we've definitely not heard the last of Mr. Buell. Something tells me we're going to be seeing that Barracuda sooner than later.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
+1, good to see him doing what he loves. After seeing the press release vid when he shut Buell down almost in tears, it's at least a good start for his passion. In before the 600 class drama queens..........................

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
"...Erik Buell Racing will be based in East Troy, Wisconsin and will be staffed by Erik Buell and a veteran team of personnel..."

East Troy ehh, I might have to take a trip up to his new shop. I truly wish him the best. Go Erik Go!

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Whats the point if they are/can not make street bikes, unless he's planning on taking on Moto GP all of the major racing series are going to require a bike built on a production motorcycle, the 1125R is no longer a production motorcycle, how long does he think he can compete with help from the rules makers and a old design'e motorcycle. Eventuay the bike will no longer be competitive as the Japanese 600's become better. And we know the bike can not compete against Superbikes (Superstock AMA). He better find away to make a production road leagal motorcycle or his buisness will fail to be profitable. Racing is not a profitable buisness, more so a perk that successful companies get to enjoy, hence Harely shutting Buell down, and Kawi leaving Moto GP, AMA etc.

Have fun with your boutique buisness but I don't see anything major unless he can find funding from a major brand besides Harley. Hey Ford is the only american auto maker making a profit right now, why don't they give Erik a call, maye they could get a piece of the pie there for the taking.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Whats the point if they are/can not make street bikes, unless he's planning on taking on Moto GP all of the major racing series are going to require a bike built on a production motorcycle, the 1125R is no longer a production motorcycle, how long does he think he can compete with help from the rules makers and a old design'e motorcycle. Eventuay the bike will no longer be competitive as the Japanese 600's become better. And we know the bike can not compete against Superbikes (Superstock AMA). He better find away to make a production road leagal motorcycle or his buisness will fail to be profitable. Racing is not a profitable buisness, more so a perk that successful companies get to enjoy, hence Harely shutting Buell down, and Kawi leaving Moto GP, AMA etc.

Have fun with your boutique buisness but I don't see anything major unless he can find funding from a major brand besides Harley. Hey Ford is the only american auto maker making a profit right now, why don't they give Erik a call, maye they could get a piece of the pie there for the taking.
Well, he is getting the hell away from Hardley, so it's a start.

Now let's hope he picks up a new major backer. I would love to see Buell brought back, but with Erick firmly at the helm calling the shots that truly matter.

Rotax powered, with innovative designs, and comparable weight, whp, suspension, brakes, and handling. Just imagine the coolness.

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Caedite Eos Novit Enim Do
2,461 Posts

very well said, i was thinking the same thing, how can buell have a "race" shop and compete when his bike are no longer in production? the sad truth is ama/dmg will bend the rules for erika buell & he'll get his way:bs:.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
very well said, i was thinking the same thing, how can buell have a "race" shop and compete when his bike are no longer in production? the sad truth is ama/dmg will bend the rules for erika buell & he'll get his way:bs:.
you guys just make shit up as you go along!:crackup: he is not building bikes for AMA there for club level privateer racers!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you guys just make shit up as you go along!:crackup: he is not building bikes for AMA there for club level privateer racers!
Maybe this is just his retirement gig. I think he's nearly 60 years old. Why not do what you love and screw the haters. He knows his bikes inside and out, so that's what he'll race, but on a much smaller scale. Props to him for doing what he loves to do.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I just think it's funny how fast people forget about Ducati in WSBK they make a 1098 WSBK said it's too big! they cry and stomp there feet and WSBK said okay you can run a 1098....then they bust out the 1198! but people think Buell had some magic spell over AMA and made them do what Buell wanted! Come on!!!!!!! BUELL BUILT THE BIKE PER AMA RULLES! Not the other way around!

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
For Superbike, sure.

and Ama daytona, Buell used the rules AMA set forth, but if it makes you feel better to blame buell why do I care!...........I'm racing Kawi 2010

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I gotta say that I really like my '09 1125R. Sure, it isn't as fast as my other bikes, but it's a damn fun ride. I wish Eric the best of luck.:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts