Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've taken the Basic course and I am going to take the ERC in Sept. I just want to know what to expect. I am reasonably competent but I don't like doing low speed manuvers. Probably because I dumped my first bike at very low speed.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Just think of the ERC like the BRC but doing it on your own bike. I took it a couple of years ago. It was cool to do. But you'll find it murder on the 10. That day was hot and the temp gauge kept creeping up. Compound that with the instructor wanting me to be in 2nd gear in one of the skills tests. To keep the bike from bogging down, I had to carry more speed than I'd like into the 135 degree corner. I had to lean the bike over and ended up dragging the toe of my boot through the corner. Scared me at first but was pretty cool after I pulled through the turn.

There were other skills stuff we did that wasn't in the BRC. And obviously, you're not spending time learning the bike's controls, clutching, and duck walking the bike around. Also, it's a bit faster paced as everyone there is expected to be fairly competent with their basic riding skills.

Oh, and you still have to pass the practical range test to get the completion card. The skills tests are exactly what they tested you on in the BRC. But no written test.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts