Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
He just opened his own shop a couple months ago, no website yet. Get prices from other shops if you want, then give him a call, he does excellent work.
Ok thats cool. I try to avoid the "backyard" builders as much as possible. I have learned that without real data generated by dyno's and the flow bench then it's all smoke and mirrors. Dyno's, CNC machines, flow benches, and all that stuff cost a ton of money and the "back yard" guys don't have it. I would perfer to go to an established, professional shop.

Talk to huey at marietta motorsports here in GA... he builds everything from lil 50's on NOS to turbo busas to AMA bikes(he tunes for 6 ama racers). A thinner gasket and race gas along with pipe and power commander will do wonders for you!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
another member suduced by dyno numbers......

they do good work but if they are promising you any sorta dyno numbers I wouldnt believe it for a second.
That's kind of rude. I am not being suduced by dyno numbers. I have been doing this for a long time and what impressed me about the KWS guys is that they were up front and honest with all thier info. The are going to dyno my bike when I get there and base line it, then dyno it again when it's done. The difference is what I will be paying for. They gave me no claims at any inflated dyno numbers and explained everything they have done with the ZX-10 and why. I was on the phone with them for almost an hour.

Talk to huey at marietta motorsports here in GA... he builds everything from lil 50's on NOS to turbo busas to AMA bikes(he tunes for 6 ama racers). A thinner gasket and race gas along with pipe and power commander will do wonders for you!
I have known Huey for years and I called him on this deal first, and guess where he told me to take it. KWS.

Huey was the reason why I checked those guys out in the first place. He said they do all thier engine builds.

Sorry I didnt mean to be rude at all but from what I have seen is a lo t of people disappointed in their results when they get the bike on the street or track but perfectly happy with inflated dyno numbers they recieve but it helps them sleep good at night I'm sure. I'm no world class engine builder myself but just from what I have seen is only disappointed faces.

Sal from ace perf in miami or well south florida has some of the fastest rides around, I dont even like the guys down south there but I'll spread him good rep because he actually does make very very fast power plants.

I have known Huey for years and I called him on this deal first, and guess where he told me to take it. KWS.

Huey was the reason why I checked those guys out in the first place. He said they do all thier engine builds.
The man has been around racing and horsepower for a long time. I would trust him...correction, I do trust him and whatever he tells you...

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Sorry I didnt mean to be rude at all but from what I have seen is a lo t of people disappointed in their results when they get the bike on the street or track but perfectly happy with inflated dyno numbers they recieve but it helps them sleep good at night I'm sure. I'm no world class engine builder myself but just from what I have seen is only disappointed faces.

Sal from ace perf in miami or well south florida has some of the fastest rides around, I dont even like the guys down south there but I'll spread him good rep because he actually does make very very fast power plants.
I agree with you on inflated hp numbers and BS builders. I put in a lot of research and talked to a lot guys before I made my decision. I didn't just fall for BS dyno charts.

As for credibility......The KWS guys win races and finish on the podium in AMA Superbike against the best in the country.....That means a lot to me in credibility.....

Its ALL your choice buddy because you are the one spending the money. KWS are reputable guys and yes they are a good choice.....Let us know how it turns out and post the dyno numbers up here so we can compare to what they are claiming.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
P.S. - I called cycle concepts, they want the same money for the same job.

I talked to Dwayne and he was very nice and very informative, but for the same money I will go with the guys with the race experience.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Not to be a prick but you obviously dont know Dwayne:thumbsup:
I appreciate your time Dwayne. Thanks.

"Redline659" PM'd me and said that Dwayne could do the work for half the money. Half the money intrigued me, so I gave the guy a call. I talked to him on the phone and he seemed very nice and very knowledgeable and he wanted the same money as KWS. Fair enough. Everybody needs to make money from thier good work and I would have suspicious if he could do the job for half the money.

I talked to the KWS guys on the phone and they told me all the things I wanted to hear so I am going to give them my money.

I have been watching the KWS dudes on TV for years racing against factory teams in AMA Superbike and beating them. That is gives them credibility in my book.

08 zx10r

motoedgeperformance.com in lawrenceville ga build and run ama superbikes do anything from oilchanges to full eigine build , i took my 08 zx10r and had it tuned and also setup chasis for me and made a big impact

motoedgeperformance.com in lawrenceville ga build and run ama superbikes do anything from oilchanges to full eigine build , i took my 08 zx10r and had it tuned and also setup chasis for me and made a big impact
when you say setup chassis for u do you mean suspension?

thats probably one of the best things you can do, its such a night and day difference:)

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.