Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am new here and I just got a 2008 ZX-10R to use as a street bike. I have been roadracing for years, but I got this bike for a good deal and I want to build a hot rod out of it.

I want to get some motor work done and I have been searching the web, but there doesn't seem to be too many people who build the ZX-10R.

I saw that the KWS guys have a head and cams package that seems pretty good and I was wondering if anybody has used this set up. Is there something else out there that is better?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well....I tried to post a link, but the board won't let me. Oh well. Has anybody used KWS for ZX10 work? I know them from road racing and I know they are good, I just want to know if there is something else out there for ZX-10's.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
KWS has a good reputation, but there are other shops as well. Where are you located, what do you want, what will you use it for, and how much do you want to spend?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in the Atlanta area, money is not an issue, and I want a hot rod street motor. 190hp would be perfect.

This bike is going to a "racer bling" street toy. Ohlins SBK forks, Carbon Wheels, Ceramic Rotors, Brembo Calipers, etc, etc, etc..

·
T Double D
870 Posts
http://www.htpperformance.com/kawasaki.html

HTP performance and from what im doing with my 08 no one else is better and they have done 08's super nice guys very recomended lots of youtube clips of there bikes going very fast

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Hi All,

I am new here and I just got a 2008 ZX-10R to use as a street bike. I have been roadracing for years, but I got this bike for a good deal and I want to build a hot rod out of it.

I want to get some motor work done and I have been searching the web, but there doesn't seem to be too many people who build the ZX-10R.

I saw that the KWS guys have a head and cams package that seems pretty good and I was wondering if anybody has used this set up. Is there something else out there that is better?
shave the head a little and full exhaust with power commander remove all smog then have it dyno -- that will be a hot rod

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
http://www.htpperformance.com/kawasaki.html

HTP performance and from what im doing with my 08 no one else is better and they have done 08's super nice guys very recomended lots of youtube clips of there bikes going very fast
Thanks. I talked to those guys and they want a $1000 more for the same thing and I asked them about thier R&D process and they basiclly didn't have one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are $1000 more than the KWS dudes.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
^^^

...not counting all the "little things" done to optimize the engine most likely. Higher compression, an exhaust, and filter aren't gonna give you that much hp.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^

...not counting all the "little things" done to optimize the engine most likely. Higher compression, an exhaust, and filter aren't gonna give you that much hp.
That's what I am thinking.

A good head with a cams...I could see that making 190hp, but not just decking the head. No way. Not unless it was WAY tight.

·
Registered
860 Posts
There's a lot of guys out there than can get you where you want to be. KWS is would be a good choice. They just posted over on psychobike the before and after dyno graph for their head & cam package on the 08-09 10 with it hitting 190. Others to consider would be HTP (mentioned above), Adams Performance, Cycle Concepts, and Carpenter. If it was me I would call around and talk to them to and see who's near you. Theyre all going to be pretty close in hp #'s and probably price see who you like and what works best for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There's a lot of guys out there than can get you where you want to be. KWS is would be a good choice. They just posted over on psychobike the before and after dyno graph for their head & cam package on the 08-09 10 with it hitting 190. Others to consider would be HTP (mentioned above), Adams Performance, Cycle Concepts, and Carpenter. If it was me I would call around and talk to them to and see who's near you. Theyre all going to be pretty close in hp #'s and probably price see who you like and what works best for you.
Thanks. So the end result is that there is nothing remarkably better out there. I have not called Adams or Cycle Concepts. I will give them a ring.

Thanks Guys! I will let you know how this goes!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Call Ryan Kallina, RSK Race Engines, Jacksonville, FL @ 904 318 4087. He can build you a head and cam package that will make 190+ on pump gas for a very reasonable price. Tell him Dean sent you.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts