Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am buying a ZX10R June 2012... the bike started life in the UK was then imported into Germany.... the imported into the Netherlands consequently no real history available now. Um not worried as it has been vetted and approved by the Dutch authorities. It also has a 2015 face lift with full late bodywork and ecu and electric steering damper. The Vin and registration papers shows it as 2012... number 0062XX. But the engine is 0073XX. My question is simply based on your bike engine numbers do I have a 2012 engine?... or a later one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all I am buying a ZX10R June 2012... the bike started life in the UK was then imported into Germany.... then imported into the Netherlands consequently there is no real history available now. I'm not worried, as it has been vetted and approved by the Dutch authorities. It also has a 2015 face- lift with full late bodywork and later ecu and electric steering damper. The Vin and registration papers shows frame as 2012... number 0062XX. But the engine is 0073XX. My question is simply this..... based on your bike engine numbers and production years do I have a 2012 engine?... or a later one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all I am buying a ZX10R June 2012... the bike started life in the UK was then imported into Germany.... then imported into the Netherlands consequently there is no real history available now. I'm not worried, as it has been vetted and approved by the Dutch authorities. It also has a 2015 face- lift with full late bodywork and later ecu and electric steering damper. The Vin and registration papers shows frame as 2012... number 0062XX. But the engine is 0073XX. My question is simply this..... based on your bike engine numbers and production years do I have a 2012 engine?... or a later one?

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
How many miles on it? next, how many miles do you ride per year. Finally, you're worried about the engine. Why? you have a hunch for a reason, so I ask what that is about. I've had three g4 engine failures with a bit of mileage. I have history.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not worried at all. Just wanted to know if the engine is a 2011.... the answer is yes!
.. I found out from a parts website. 2011 is 0-10,000 units.... next 10,000 is 2012.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts