Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
ZX10RR
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

In my 2 previous 10R's I had engine sliders, looking to do the same on my third one.
Both times before, I went with the OEM engine sliders, which in my opinion offer the most protection.

However it'd be a pity to cover the nice RR emblem in the engine for this one.

So far I saw the vortex one, which I think should leave the RR at least visible.

Questions so far are.
1. the RR emblem seems to go out a bit more than the standard cover, will it be a problem for this slider?
2. are there any other engine sliders like this or better with the possibility of leaving the RR emblem visible? please list any, ive seen some in instagram
3. am I an idiot for wanting this and should just go for the oem engine sliders and disregard the visiblity of the rr engine emblem completly

·
Registered
ZX10RR
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One I saw in instagram, asked about the slider but never got a reply

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,876 Posts
Well, both of those would be considered "case savers" as opposed to "engine sliders". Just sayin'. Might help with your search a little. They are meant to help prevent the engine cases from being ground down in a get-off or tip-over.

The full coverage RR ones look nice and should look good on your bike. I have the Yoshimura ones on my ride. They are minimalist and add a touch of black to the amber cases that stick out like a sore thumb does. They look a lot like the Vortex ones you posted.

The ones in the picture of the race bike look like the GB Racing case savers. Close to full coverage.

Reactions: Comi

·
Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
269 Posts
As Skydork says, these are pretty ineffective if you go down, GB Racing covers are much more effective, R and G do a similar range.

I bought a set of GB last month for my HP4 as I'm going to track her this year, these smaller engine protectors look OK but aren't that great.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
ZX10RR
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The japan ones seem crazy expensive for what they offer

The Yoshi seem like a great option and the kit is listed at 99 now which imo seems like a really good price (compared to the others and what I saw googling for it)

Are they black or gray tho? in their site they look black but in your picture its gray. Either color should be fine anyway I suppose, maybe the color degrades over time by the heat?

Well, both of those would be considered "case savers" as opposed to "engine sliders". Just sayin'. Might help with your search a little. They are meant to help prevent the engine cases from being ground down in a get-off or tip-over.

The full coverage RR ones look nice and should look good on your bike. I have the Yoshimura ones on my ride. They are minimalist and add a touch of black to the amber cases that stick out like a sore thumb does. They look a lot like the Vortex ones you posted.

The ones in the picture of the race bike look like the GB Racing case savers. Close to full coverage.
Yeah I guess case savers is what Im after, obviously I wont get a lot of protection if I have the rr emblem visible.
The ones in the race one I posted seem to be like the trickstar ones JD posted.

So the yoshi is 99 the pair, and best price I found for the pair of vortex is 140.

Vortex vs yoshi, which is better quality? the vortex seems to offer more protection but is also more expensive and partially covers the rr part.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,876 Posts
The japan ones seem crazy expensive for what they offer

The Yoshi seem like a great option and the kit is listed at 99 now which imo seems like a really good price (compared to the others and what I saw googling for it)

Are they black or gray tho? in their site they look black but in your picture its gray. Either color should be fine anyway I suppose, maybe the color degrades over time by the heat?

Yeah I guess case savers is what Im after, obviously I wont get a lot of protection if I have the rr emblem visible.
The ones in the race one I posted seem to be like the trickstar ones JD posted.

So the yoshi is 99 the pair, and best price I found for the pair of vortex is 140.

Vortex vs yoshi, which is better quality? the vortex seems to offer more protection but is also more expensive and partially covers the rr part.
Not sure where you found that picture of the gray version, but mine are black and were used on my old Gen 4. Swapped them to my Gen 5 when I got it. So they've been around the block for about 7 years. No discoloration. They're still black. They hold up well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Comi

·
Registered
855 Posts
I would only go with GB racing sliders because they work best in practice. A buddy of mine had the Yosh style savers and after a track low side, it actually damaged the lower engine case bolt hole threads. The mating surfaces also got slightly pushed in as a result. So he had a persistent oil leak he couldn't fix. So ya, RR logo is cool and all but I don't want the headache. GB racing covers distribute the load better and have less openings to catch on. Which is why they're used in WSBK and nothing else. Get an RR sticker and put it over it :)

·
Registered
ZX10RR
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so right now im debating between the Vortex and the Yoshi. Vortex give better protection and can be purchased individually, but the yoshi 99 the pair seems like a great deal.

Saw this vid on the yoshis

·
Registered
ZX10RR
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Puller the trigger on the Yoshimura ones, 99 the set was a steal. Will update once I get em installed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the vortex on my rr, you can see it, i added an extra washer to space it furthur from case, after awhile the color turned bronze

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi all,

In my 2 previous 10R's I had engine sliders, looking to do the same on my third one.
Both times before, I went with the OEM engine sliders, which in my opinion offer the most protection.

However it'd be a pity to cover the nice RR emblem in the engine for this one.

So far I saw the vortex one, which I think should leave the RR at least visible.

Questions so far are.
1. the RR emblem seems to go out a bit more than the standard cover, will it be a problem for this slider?
2. are there any other engine sliders like this or better with the possibility of leaving the RR emblem visible? please list any, ive seen some in instagram
3. am I an idiot for wanting this and should just go for the oem engine sliders and disregard the visiblity of the rr engine emblem completly

View attachment 446606

View attachment 446607
Add an extra washer under the vortex

·
Registered
ZX10RR
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh no thats terrible, why dont you paint it?! Glad I didnt buy these then

Kawasaki parts
Yeah I had those in my 2 previous 10'r, they are indeed great but they would cover the RR logo else I woulda gone for em no second thoughts.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oh no thats terrible, why dont you paint it?! Glad I didnt buy these then

Yeah I had those in my 2 previous 10'r, they are indeed great but they would cover the RR logo else I woulda gone for em no second thoughts.
thats the left side, no LOGO

·
Registered
698 Posts
Was that vortex cover in the sunlight a lot?

Never seen black turn that much into a complete different color.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts