Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Engine Protection/Slide Protection

Gen 5: 2016-20 
2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  gskidmor 
#1 ·
I was looking for engine/slide protection and I've fallen in love with these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113065017639

Now, obviously those won't fit, but is there anything similar for a 2016+ (or 2018) ZX-10R?

As you can tell, I like to gussy up my bikes and planned to continue the same with my new 10R:

See less See more
#2 ·
Be careful purchasing products from Ebay or similar sites. They look good but often are cheaply made and do not fit. Nothing against China, but the products are NOT a perfect fit and are not the best quality. I suggest purchasing RG Racing covers from their website or from Cycle Gear or DennisKirk. They also offer other brands. You'll know your getting the best quality and they will address any issue immediately. If you love your ZX10 as much as I do...you'll want the best for her. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I agree. I've put on the R&G front axle and rear sliders and the Yoshimora (sp?) engine sliders!

I get that most things out of china aren't what most would consider top quality, but most should work for one crash. 99% of my time is spent on the highway, so the above should work there.

#7 ·
in the past ive gone down twice with cheap $35 chinese sliders and both times they functioned very well, prevented a lot of damage... obviously still had damage but not nearly as bad as it would be without them.. they didnt hurt the frame, and they didnt rip off or pull out threads etc...i was pleasantly surprised.

i would never use chinese components for brakes or engine or other crucial stuff... but for some simple stuff its ok.

#8 ·
i would never use chinese components for brakes or engine or other crucial stuff... but for some simple stuff its ok.
This was my thought exactly! I really like the looks of the ones I posted above; that said, some of the woodcraft components I was looking at were sharp too. They weren't as nice looking as the others, but I'd still be happy with them.

And before you say it, I'm trying to get form and function - it can still look nice while doing its job.

#10 ·
The OEM case savers look amazing. I considered getting them but ended up going with GB racing covers because those seemed to be (one of) the most widely used. You can also get replacement parts on the fly, and you get 3 covers vs 2 (with OEM). I am overall extremely satisfied. Super easy install. I'd rate Woodcraft sliders > GB but the woodcraft sliders are super expensive. Replacement WC slide pads are probably cheaper than replacing an entire GB cover at the end of the day though.

#11 ·
If you think you may dump your bike at triple digits - the Woodcraft replacement covers hold up great! (esp with the steel plate added). GB covers work well too but I don't see them working as well at high speed - my little tip at 50mph in T16 at Barber took half the thickness out of it (no damage to the oem cover though) - so they do their job and are a little cheaper as ddipaola said.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.