Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, turn the bike on.. put the kick stand down.. get off the bike.. hold on to the throttle and put your ear next to the engine block.. now rev the engine a bit.. do you hear any engine noise.. like a chain rattling kinda.. it's not loud.. but it's there..

I'm new to bikes.. this could be just normal.. let me know

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Just take your ear away from the engine. Ride. ...you're probably just hearing the cam chain. They will become a bit noisy just b4 they adjust to the next "click". That's assuming the set up is the same as in other, older Kawi motors...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Daddy said:
and if ya turn the key to the 'off' position you won't hear nuffin. :thumbsup:

BD

that fixed it.. thanks.. no more noise.. i lost the power though

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jeech said:
ear on the engine block.. is that like sticking your tongue on cold lamp post? I'm not gonna do it...

no dude.. do it.. ya won't hurt your ear.. I promise.. I wanna know if anyone else hears that noise

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
10inja said:
no dude.. do it.. ya won't hurt your ear.. I promise.. I wanna know if anyone else hears that noise
DUde its on all THE 10s theyre just razzin ya. Don't sweat it and do a search you will find many others with the same ideas as yourself.

No worrys though mate!

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
... tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, KA-BOOM!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Austin10RPowers said:
Take the 04/05 R1 and stand on the seat while idling with your helmet on and you can hear it ticking...tick, tick...
dayam... a little tick on my SL Benz means some serious shit.. but again the 10R is a little different

·
Registered
292 Posts
10inja said:
dayam... a little tick on my SL Benz means some serious shit.. but again the 10R is a little different
well after being through 20 years of german cars I would say there is a very significant difference to the 10! Its japanese! If it was german, I really would be worried abut every teeny weeny little noise, ticking or what ever:wink:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I dont hear the ticks on my bike but from what I've seen many kawasakis have "engine ticks" I think my 636 had the ticking, but who cares the motor never let me down. I try not to hear problems though.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
10inja, most of the 10's tick, some louder than others. Mine's L-o-u-d, and I had it looked at by 3 different shops before It had 2k mi. on it. They all said it was fine. Now, I don't really notice it any more, I just ride it harder and the tick goes away. No Worries dude. If you're still concerned, do a search on this site for it, you'll fifnd lots of posts about it from last summer.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gladding24 said:
10inja, most of the 10's tick, some louder than others. Mine's L-o-u-d, and I had it looked at by 3 different shops before It had 2k mi. on it. They all said it was fine. Now, I don't really notice it any more, I just ride it harder and the tick goes away. No Worries dude. If you're still concerned, do a search on this site for it, you'll fifnd lots of posts about it from last summer.

cool thanks.. I'm not worried no more. I did try to look for engine noise before I posted this.. but didn't find any.. I guess I could've used the search.. Thanks though

·
Registered
536 Posts
Am I the only one who hears a squeaky, percolating noise while the bike is warming up?

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Have'nt heard that coming from mine yet Crypto. I did hear a bubble popping sound last time I put my tank back on , maybe an air bubble being pushed thru the gas line. :dontknow:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts