Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of replacing my head cover gasket. For the cover to come off i need to remove the right side engine mount. The problem i have is i cant get the engine mount bolt out. Does the bolt have a factory lock tight? I twisted an allen wrench and used a 2 foot pipe for leverage, and it seems to not budge at all. I am considering using my air compressor, but i am worried about snapping the bolt in the case. Anyone ran into this problem? Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you get it out? I tried and ended up stripping the bolt, now I have a project on my hands to get that thing out.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i used the allen, and the allen kinda twisted.. It did not put direct leverage on the bolt. i got a set of 3/8 drive allens from my buddy, and it came right off with a little pressure. The bolt does not have lock tite on it, and does not require heat. the threads were kinda rough though so i put never seize on it, i love that shit, you might have to try the next size up allen but i suggest using them on a socket, or you might need vise-grips

1 - 4 of 4 Posts