Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a post on the markings or dots on the side of the crankcase, so I checked mine and it had 1 dot. What does that mean? What is the difference between a motor with no mark and a motor with 1 mark or 2? :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
It just marks telling you which model it is...apparently, they made a few versions of the same motor with mild variations, if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Quote taken from Tasos, he knows the most about these markings. Get a hold of him if you need more info.

In 04 Kawi [email protected] up with the crankcases, they were not identical, my guess because they were too soft. The 04 engine was a close to a race engine you could get at the time.

They had 3 different types. So they had to produce 3 different types of cranks, clutches and generator gears. Basically their gears so everything lines up inside the engine. The crankcases have these marks. The clutch,generator gears and crank have letters-or no letter. (The clucthes also have a letter which indicates the year, 1 is 04, 2 is 05).

It is very important to know your engine's configuration when you are replacing parts.
You only need to know the crankcase marking "hole" and clutch letter to find the rest from the manual chart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts