Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had just adjusted my chain and took the bike out for a spin. No problems what so ever. Rode around for an hour. I put it up to about 70 and noticed the bike riding jittery. Felt really strange. I slow down and hear the engine knocking. Made it home and she felt fine except the knocking. Sounds like its coming from the engine on the right side. If i throttle in neutral she makes a whizzzing sound and still knocks. Put her in gear she stops but seems to ride bouncy?? Any ideas my friends?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
If u can find out if the 3rd gen and 2nd gen baskets are the same I have 2 OEM ones

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Lol nah just know the basics. Tech specs are not mt specialty. Idk the 3ed gen baskets are such shit. Better pull it and drop ur oil pan to find all the pieces. If they arent compatible u may want to order a billet basket. I think if anything itll just be the big gear behind the basket thats diff

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tried searching with no luck. Yup pulling the pan right now. Anyone have any idea if the gen 2 clutch basket will work??

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I got a spare 08 engine with a good basket that I will part with for the right price though.

If only one pin is gone, and the basket is not blown/damaged, you can send it out and get pins put in it.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
And you better pull your oil pan down and get all the junk cleaned out, take the pick up tube and clean the screen too, I wouldn't start the engine till you do that.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
have the rivets welded if buy another OEM one. I have a billet basket with the rivets welded

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The basket is destroyed. I cant get the nut off right now gotta wait till tomorrow. Im assuming all my rivets are fine. Just a chunk of the basket was removed. Most peices were found in the pan already. Would you sell just the basket?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Oh ok for a min I thought u were asking abt my billet basket. Was abt to be like GTFO :lol:

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
basket attached to the flywheel with rivets. Basket from 1-3rd gens should be the same since they take the same clutches, I think the flywheel is different, but I am not curious enough to take it all out just for shits and giggles. I have a complete engine, the only thing I've borrowed from it was the intake cam and I am using it to mock up parts.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts